PDA

View Full Version : Can't stop analysing my thoughts!!

Paulac
15-02-13, 10:06
Feel like I may be starting to come out of the dark hole I was in for the last week(fingers crossed). Feeling like I can think abit more clearly and starting to do little things that I couldn't bear to even think about doing all week. Problem is I can't stop thinking about what I'm doing and how I'm thinking, if I'm doing something n maybe my minds of myself for a bit il think oh I havnt thought in a while n it's like my mind goes thru all the thoughts that upset me to c wat effect they have on me. I'm sorry I really can't explain it right but basically my minds just on me 24/7. Has anyone heard of this or know anything about it?? Does it gradually go away as your anxiety lessens or will I just have to learn to live with it?? Even wen I imagine myself getting better i really can't ever c myself stopping this thinking about my mind!!

jackie13
15-02-13, 11:53
Hi Hun

Glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better:)

Firstly stop analysing the thoughts let them go, the more you anaylise the more they will stop. You can't stop your mind thinking but you can ignore them, they will fade like the anxiety and panic. Your brain needs a rest it's tired.

Jackie xx

hellan1980
15-02-13, 12:05
yeah i am constantly over thinking things, even when i'm not trying to. Sometimes the more I try not to do the more I end up doing it.
But jackie13 says just let the thoughts go and ignore them. I know it can be hard sometimes

iamlove
15-02-13, 14:13
yes this happens to me really bad when my anxiety is high. i can't stop analysing my thoughts , they just circle round my head and i think of really irrational outcomes and think the worst will happen, its like really bad paranoia. however after time when i get it under control and let them go my anxiety gets much better. i found drinking alcahol really makes these thoughts 100x worse so i no longer drink.

skoosh1
15-02-13, 14:38
I also feel my thoughts never stop and I can only concentrate on myself and nothing else. It seems to be worse when I've had no sleep and anxiety high. I actually had to leave work the other day as my mind would not stop and I thought I was going to end up crazy. It was the worst I've ever had it. Its so difficult to ignore and carry on but it will pass as the past couple days I've managed to think of other things!

LittleSongbird
15-02-13, 15:32
You just accept them and observe them - they're just thoughts. Let them come as much as they want. Don't try to put up with them or try to "STOP" them, it will make them stronger. Even you welcome those racing thoughts, you will feel different.

I think you're trying so hard to fight with your thoughts, maybe you're not even recognize it but you are - I guess, you are resisting them deep down in your mind, and you wish them to go away. Think different. Welcome it. It will subside trust me I was there and now I'm fine.

PM me if you have any problems

jackie13
15-02-13, 20:45
Little Song Bird is right, I know it's hard but try and accept them:)

Big hugs xxxx

Paulac
15-02-13, 21:32
Thanks so much for your advice everyone, I keep reading it over n over again, trying to do as u all advise. I'm really trying to just accept the thoughts n sometimes I can other times its like a snowball effect wen my mind latches on to a thought then it just spirals out of control wer I think of the most ridiculous things, I'm really hoping this disappears wen and if my anxiety does.
Thanks everyone again
Paula xx

jackie13
15-02-13, 21:44
Hi hun

Well done for accepting as much as you can right now, don't worry when it snowballs keep plodding on recognising, accepting then letting it pass over you. It does work even though you may not feel like it now. You WILL get better and the anxiety WILL fade.

Big hugs xxxx

Paulac
15-02-13, 22:21
Thanks jackie, thanks for all ur replies to lots of my posts. How r u feeling? Xx

Loverlylaura
16-02-13, 22:16
I'm going three the same thing constantly going threw my mind thinking bad things if I'm keeping busy they go but as soon as I'm relax bang the thoughts r. Back :( x

theharvestmouse
17-02-13, 20:19
The thoughts do go as the anxiety lessens.

tamo
18-02-13, 16:39
Paulac , I agree with Littlesongbird . Dont try and push those thoughts away or let them worry you , this is part of the healing process . Look across at the symptoms section on the site and you will find this explained ., waking up examining and thinking why am I feeling so well, its a habit . You are doing well , just be patient .

jimmy256
31-05-13, 18:41
wow. I have had this problem for a long time off and on. For the last 4 years it was virtually gone and I felt I was victorious. Now it has just blindsided me big time. Can't stop thinking about my anxiety every moment of every day for the last week. I forgot how I did this before - I feel hopeless. Are there materials/tools for similar situations? I completed the Midwest Center for Stress and Anxiety long ago and it helped but I cannot imagine doing that again.

inCOGnito
31-05-13, 19:40
Try mindfulness.