PDA

View Full Version : so scared

kerri
15-02-13, 16:02
Hi, I have had chest and shoulder pain for months and my GP finally sent me for chest xray and thoracic spine xray. I had the xray done on Monday and have just rang the surgery, my chest xray results are back but not the spine xray, the receptionist said she couldnt tell me results. My doctor is off today and cant get appointment till end of next week. Im obviously imagining that I have lung cancer. Why would my chest xray results come back quick if they were normal? God knows how im going to get through the next week

nomorepanic
15-02-13, 16:14
If you had lung cancer they would ask to see you urgently so it won't be that at all.

The x-rays are done on computer now so are easily sent through to a GP to look at.

I am sure it is nothing serious or they would ask to see you urgently

andrea15
15-02-13, 16:23
Im sure Nicolas right. They'd be rushing you in to see them if it was serious kerri. Try not to worry. Do you HAVE to see your own gp for results as I know how hard the waiting will be for you.

Andrea x

kerri
15-02-13, 16:35
Thanks for replys, I would prefer to see my own GP as he is very understanding of my anxiety. I might try to get in to see the other doctor but wouldnt get appointment till next week as it is only a small practice. Got a headache now from thinking the worst x

andrea15
15-02-13, 16:48
Did you have other symptoms except chest pain? My drs said it would be very unusual to present with pain and mo other LC symptoms. I know you had a cough at some point but did it get better?

X

kerri
15-02-13, 16:51
It wasnt really a cough, i get post nasal drip and one morning as I was clearing my throat there was a small amount of blood in the phlegm. I dont have any breathlessness and can walk for miles. Im trying to convince myself that its nothing to worry about but with HA that is virtually impossible x

andrea15
15-02-13, 16:57
I know. Its virtually impossible to think there could be a reasonable explanation. We are both in the same position, not that it helps much I know. I have a cough now but I do have a cold so it could just be that. Making me terribly anxious though. See my gp Tuesday. Hope she'll refer me for scan