PDA

View Full Version : hello from a newbie

manwithnoname
15-02-13, 17:37
hi, my name is stephen and I have just registered on this forum as I have and still am suffering from anxiety and depression off and on for about 30 years now. I would like to hear from other sufferers that I could share my thoughts and experiences with in the hope it will help both of us - a problem shared is a problem halved they say!

nomorepanic
15-02-13, 17:48
Hi manwithnoname

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Baggs
15-02-13, 18:00
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

manwithnoname
15-02-13, 18:03
hello baggs, thanks for the message, are you a sufferer of GAD at all because that is what I think I am suffering from coupled with depression

AuntieMoosie
16-02-13, 01:44
Hello and welcome to NMP :welcome:

I suffer from depression, anxiety, panic attacks and agoraphobia.

I too have suffered for a lot of my adult life.

Do have a look at all the articles, on your left, there really is some useful information there :)

There are many, very kind, caring, understanding and supportive people on here so I'm sure you will find it beneficial and helpful to you. :)

Daisy Sue
16-02-13, 02:32
Hi & welcome to the forum :)

ricardo
16-02-13, 05:13
Hi Stephen.
I too have suffered for over 30 years with GAD,OCD and recently HA. You are not alone and you are amongst friends.

Arnie365
16-02-13, 05:56
Hello and welcome. Certainly lots of help and support for you here

manwithnoname
16-02-13, 09:18
hello ricardo and thanks for the message, what is HA? Most of my anxiety stems from how I behaved at school, quite, introspective and too much of a worrier, excelled academically, no friends, perfectionist not really knowing what I wanted to do as a job but just feeling the need to excel academically all the time to proove that I was better than everyone else at school. it has really affected me at work as i am very intolerant of other people at work and i have been off work for 3 years now with anxiety and depression, i know i will never go back there at least that's the way i feel right now

---------- Post added at 09:16 ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 ----------

hello arnie and thanks for the message -

---------- Post added at 09:16 ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 ----------

hello daisy sue and thanks for the message - hope you are well

---------- Post added at 09:18 ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 ----------

hello auntie moose and thanks for the message and advice - i do feel a need to talk to someone about my anxiety and how it affects me

hanshan
16-02-13, 10:04
Hi Stephen,

You're with friends here. We've all been where you are at one stage or another, or somewhere close to it.

It sounds like you might have unresolved issues relating to your relationship with family, and with people at school or university. Have you ever been able to explain this or tell someone else about this? It's an unloading and clarifying exercise that can take some time - not your average in and out CBT.

Take care.

manwithnoname
16-02-13, 10:15
hello Hanshan and thanks for the message, i have had appointments with psychiatrists in the past and some therapists but i often find talking to them doesn't help - i thinking talking to other sufferers on here could be more helpful. most of my anxiety comes from how i was treated by my younger brother, he was always so critical and judgmental and negative towards me, i simply can't get on with him no matter how hard i tried, i still can't stand him or get on with him, it's like he just doesn't know me, my dad sides with him all the time and is in fact scared of him and lets him get away with so much for fear of upsetting him, i simply can't get on with him