PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here..

elven62
15-02-13, 19:48
Hi, I'm a newbie. Long time health anxiety sufferer and have been lurking here for a wee bit before biting the bullet to join you! I go through stages of managing anxiety ok, had some CBT which helped but you have to really keep on top of the negative thoughts and I'm a class A worrier! Have had a pretty terrible year at work which I suspect (hope) is behind my recent perfect storm of IBS and indigestion/acid problems which seem to have been beating off all my usual long term meds for last 8 weeks. I've got a lovely new lump in throat thing which I also hear can be a classic anxiety thing. Deep joy. I had an endoscopy and colonoscopy about 5 years ago which were both clear and my GP who knows me so well immediately asked me this time how stressed I was! However she is supportive and is happy to send me back to my gastro guy just to reassure. My catastrophic thoughts are never far away but I am impressed by the supportive and non-alarmist replies to people on here unlike other sites I've been on. Of course there is an argument us peeps with HA should probably avoid t'internet altogether but it is good to know that you are not alone! Look forward to meeting some of you on the road :)

almamatters
15-02-13, 19:54
Hi :welcome: to the forum.

Asil79
15-02-13, 19:57
Hi I'm new here to please check my introductions post to know more about me! I seem to be having a recent bad time with anxiety panic attacks I even hate writing or seeing the word

nomorepanic
15-02-13, 19:59
Hi elven62

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

impulse81
15-02-13, 20:40
:welcome: eleven62

Baggs
15-02-13, 20:45
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

elven62
15-02-13, 22:40
Thanks all:)

California Girl
15-02-13, 22:48
Hi & welcome :) xxx

Arnie365
16-02-13, 05:57
Hi welcome to NMP

manwithnoname
16-02-13, 09:23
hello elven62 and welcome to NMP, stephen.

Mark13
19-02-13, 01:46
Hello and :welcome:to the forum.