PDA

View Full Version : Sore lips

sarahsarah
15-02-13, 21:58
Every Winter I get dry and sore lips from the combination of cold weather and central heating, but it usually goes away with a few applications of Blistex or similar. This year I can't seem to shift it, despite using the usual creams and the soreness has even spread out a little bit onto the skin around my lips.

Of course because I have had it for a few weeks rather than a few days, the thought that it is something more sinister (though goodness knows what!) is creeping into my HA-addled mind, though more than anything I would just like my lips to go back to normal!

Does anyone have any tips for banishing this? I have heard that these days the ingredients in creams designed for lips can actually make the problem worse so am going to stop using the Blistex and see if there's any improvement. However, any other advice would be greatly received xx

deejay94
17-02-13, 15:21
I have had that few times, its called Parethesia. Its what causes burning and tingling over your body, in short its pins and needles. Its usually associated with hyperventilation and panic disorder. Could also be an allergic reaction to something.