PDA

View Full Version : Scared stiff!!

kellylou89
15-02-13, 23:00
The past few days i have been having this strange sensation in my chest .. At first it was just under the breast bone ( A rumbling/bubbling sensation ) it would happen when i was sat doing nothing but when i was up and about nothing .. Tonight and last night its back, and its really set my anxiety off to the point of shaking .. It is now mid chest and feels like when you have a chest infection and the rumble before a cough, at the mo its mainly when i lay down.
I at first thought it may have been to do with my gastro reflux but now im panicing thinking im having heart problems possible leaking valve etc!! .. My chest is warm at the moment like it did when i had ny bad break out with reflux but i never had thia problem before and its scaring the hell out of me!
When i had the reflux last time i was in hosp as i couldnt catch my breath i was on monitors to check my breathing/heart etc and all was fine but what if

nomorepanic
16-02-13, 00:17
Sounds like acid reflux/indigestion to be to be honest.

We can't diagnose that and only you can decide if you need to get it checked out or not

kellylou89
16-02-13, 00:24
Im deffo going to get it checked, just wondered if anyone else had it

xtremx
16-02-13, 00:31
Hi kellylou89.

Yes sounds like acid reflux I have had it for maybe 10 years now and it can cause all kinds of chest pains/sensations and because the the esophagus runs past the heart it can make the pains feel like it is from the heart and it can stimulates the nerves in that area.

But if you need you could always phone nhsdirect they are open 24/7.

kellylou89
16-02-13, 00:45
Thanks alot for your reply! Reasuring :) i was only diagnosed with it last yr so still pretty new to me .. I will book myself in the doctors monday but will take note of the nhs direct
Thankyou

dlr108
16-02-13, 11:32
i have this too while sitting down sometimes when i stand it feels lower down in the stomach i really do think its stomach acid and digedtive juices

go to your gp im sure you will get the reassurance

kellylou89
16-02-13, 13:14
I had it sitting down first .. I started taking my reflux tablets again and it eased off, i then stopped and it come back day before yday .. It kind of feels like the rumble you get before you burp.
In honesty i havent eaten healthy this past week or so as just been grabbing what i can as been busy and not had water only fizzy drinks or tea so im not helping.
Thankyou for your reply .. Yep il be going the docs innthe week for sure