PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get PVC triplet????

Pinktel
16-02-13, 07:27
As the thread title really?

Had holter results back, pvcs throughout but one case of a triplet (3 runs in a row) which according to some is actually a ventrical tachycardia :wacko:

Cardio has highlighted it as an anomaly to my gp but doesn't seem overly concerned as I would assume if he was he would be monitoring me further!

Wondered if anyone else had couplets or triplets? :)

hanshan
16-02-13, 11:05
I have atrial rhythm problems, not ventricular, so I can't comment on your particular problem.

My take is that if you have ongoing heart rhythm problems, you should have an ongoing relationship with a doctor that you trust - either a cardiologist or a well-informed GP, or both.

Take care.

dlr108
16-02-13, 11:22
venticle tachycardia is quiet serious but if your cardio seems ok about the run of pvcs he might just put it down to normal finding

did u feel tbis run of pvcs? if so how did you feel

im waitinh for mu holter results i have ongoing pvcs

Pinktel
16-02-13, 11:26
yes i felt it but just recorded it as a skipped beat as it felt like all the others, keep reading differing opinions as to whether 3 in a row constitutes non sustained VT or whether it needs to be at least 6 in a row...

think i will have to try and get hold of cardiologist...

so many people seem to have PVCs thought somebody else may have had couplets or triplets and been given advice ... perhaps i am the only one!! :blush:

dlr108
16-02-13, 11:38
did it say on the monitor 3 in a row? i know pvcs thst happen every 3rd beat in venticle trigimery or something like that and its completley harmless im sute if your cardio was worried he would send you straight to a doctor that deals with heart rythem problems

im starting to worry about my results now lol

Pinktel
16-02-13, 12:01
yep said 3 in a row it's called a triplet, a couplet is 2 in a row and trigemeny and bigemeny is one every 2 or 3 other beats