PDA

View Full Version : I need help

Poopsi
16-02-13, 13:58
I don't know what to do! I've been to 2 gp's and a physiatrist. They are all saying it's from anxiety. 2 drs checked my reflexes and did all the clinical exams they could, which were normal. My physiatrist did an EMG on me, which was normal as well. I got blood work done and that was normal as well. My symptoms are too weird for me to believe they are anxiety. It started as a tingling in my ankle when I would lay down in bed at night then one morning I woke up and it was still there and within 24 hours it had spread to both my legs, both my arms, and my back. And instead of a constant tingling it turned into tingling when touched in any of those spots. It has been going on for a month now. It has gotten a little better, at first I would just have to rub or press against something and it would tingle, now its seems to happen with more pressure. And at first it was pretty much all day, now it's only a few times a day. But the weird thing is I went for a massage Thursday to relax myself, but it just sent me in a tizzy. When she was massaging me I felt it in my back, thighs, and lower arms. I started getting nervous, but when we got home I asked my husband to massage my leg and everything was normal, but then I went to target and had a basket with milk and OJ in it and I put it in between my elbow and I felt it all in my elbow. I'm really scared I have MS and the drs are wrong about my anxiety. I'm also having tingling in my feet on and off and sometimes a feeling of numbness in my calf, I know it's not really numb bc I can feel everything. I do go to a therapist who knows what a stressful year I've had and while he won't say 100% that it's stress and anxiety bc medicine is not his expertise, he tries to show me that it's absolutely possible bc I am in such a bad place I can cause myself to think I have all these crazy symptoms. I'm so scared and I don't know what to do! I can't think of anything else and I'm constantly on edge and driving everyone crazy!!

Please help

Murdock
16-02-13, 21:19
If it helps I once convinced myself I had HIV (without any reason to believe it other than nor myself or my partner had ever been testing for it) There was nothing wrong with me but I got so stressed I started getting night sweats, rashes and aching in my lymph nodes. As soon as i got blood results back as all negative the symptoms went away, so it may well be stress. Could it be possibly also be just down to poor circulation?