PDA

View Full Version : Hi from another person withdrawing from citalopram

Rachy-Rach
16-02-13, 20:52
Hi everyone,

I'm here to get some advice and support on managing the symptoms of citalopram withdrawal. I work in health care and believe in social support for people with any type of condition.

I've been on citalopram for over a year due to anxiety that developed from my job where I have a high level of responsibility caring for very ill people. Once my anxiety took hold, it took over all aspects of my life: I lost my confidence and felt that I couldn't cope at work. Slowly with the support of work, my Mum and now husband (married late last year) I have finally managed to get things back on track. The only reason I am stopping my medication is because we want to start a family in the near future and it is not advisable to take citalopram during pregnancy.

I have found it really useful to accept my anxiety as part of who I am. I find that acceptance means I am not longer fighting against it and worrying that I am worrying. Instead I am able to manage my anxiety though seeking support from my family and friends. Medication has really helped me and I would have stayed on it if I did not want a family but that is my priority right now.

I wish you all health and happiness in mind, body and soul and I hope that together gain the strength we need to deal with our personal struggles.

Lots of love,

Rachy-Rach

nomorepanic
16-02-13, 21:02
Hi Rachy-Rach

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Rachy-Rach
16-02-13, 21:19
Thanks Nicola, that's really kind :)

Baggs
17-02-13, 09:35
Welcome to the site. I agree, acceptance is so important. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

Arnie365
17-02-13, 12:50
Hi Rachy Rach, welcome. I agree that acceptance is a key part of getting better.

manwithnoname
17-02-13, 13:02
hello Rachy-Rach hope you are well on the way to recovery

Mark13
20-02-13, 01:06
Hello and welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll find lots of help and support here.