PDA

View Full Version : Really need advice! Please!

lily413
17-02-13, 01:07
Hi. I have just been woken by a shooting pain down the back of my right upper leg and strong tingling pain in my right calf too. This has alarmed me because I have had the tingling in right calf on and off for a couple of months but it has never been enough to stop me sleeping and I can't really understand why it has suddenly got worse. My osteopath says that the whole of my coccyx, sacrum, buttocks areas is very tight, particularly on the left. Also suspected bulging disc a couple of months ago. But this pain feels different to the one I've had before and is in a very specific place in my calf rather than all down it.

Any ideas?? Terrified its deep vain thrombosis..

Pretty much had enough of all these symptoms now.

Thanks for listening.

impulse81
17-02-13, 01:09
Hope your ok! X x

Pipkin
17-02-13, 01:24
Lily,

Obviously we're not medical experts so we can't really advise in that way. What I would say is to try to stay calm, focus on relaxing all of your muscles in turn, especially in those areas mentioned by your osteopath, and see if it starts to feel better. I think you'll find that worrying about what it could be is actually making it worse. I often get woken up with cramp and muscle tension so it could just be that.

If it gets to the point where it's extremely painful and you think there's a strong chance that there's something seriously wrong, I would recommend a phone call to NHS direct.

Take care

Pip x