PDA

View Full Version : Temporary GERD/LPR? :o

Orange Lightning
17-02-13, 16:56
I've been taking Lansoprazole for about 2 months following a particularly stressful time of my life 5 months ago when a lot of weird symptoms started. Now I need to stop them to have an endoscopy but I'm getting all manner of burning pains that I never had even before I started taking the medicine! I've got a feeling this is all acid rebound, because other than the burning in my abs, throat, face and arms, and a weird "air" feeling in my throat (and some occasional nausea) I feel fine!

Since my anxiety seems to be subsiding now - there really is a rainbow after the storm! - does that mean my GERD could have been caused by anxiety alone? And does that also mean I can keep GERD away if I keep my stress under control? I'd hate to go through another 5 months of this so I hope I can prevent it without medication...

Murdock
17-02-13, 22:52
I had the same, except mine was NERD! (Non errosive reflux disease) It started about 5 years ago when I was about 21. I had to take 30-60mg of Lanzaprozole a day at times. However as I managed to get my stress under more control and learn to relax a bit more it gradually got better. I take Lanzaprozole only very occasionally now. My specalist believed it was down to stress all along and that he'd seen a lot of cases where stress was the trigger