PDA

View Full Version : Feeling particularly anxious today

mlondon
18-02-13, 00:26
Hi

For the past 4 months I have been living on my own. The majority of the time I enjoy it but I am away for work and when I am I am always around people. So when I get back I find it hard to adjust. I live in a small block of flats and currently all my neighbours are away (I live overseas and a lot of people travel for work).

I have been feeling anxious for the past week on and off. Then last night I had a nightmare and woke up at 3.30am having a panic attack, I spoke to a friend who was online for 2 hours to calm down but now I am at work exhausted and still anxious.

I feel as if I am going mad. I feel detached and exhausted. I cant focus. I worry that if I stop thinking and I will start to imagine things that scare me. I feel a tighteness in my chest and am completely catastrophising. I hate this feeling, it is paralysing and I am terrified of what can happen and how wild my immagination can run and scare me.

Help please...

kchan
18-02-13, 00:46
Firstly take a deep breath, relax, you're most certainly not going mad. Feeling exhausted comes with feeling anxious, your body works hard to keep your natural defenses up when you're anxious which takes up a lot of energy. Nothing in your imagination can hurt you and neither can this feeling, you're ok :bighug1:

If you can see a doctor and feel like this is interfering with your life I'd suggest making an appointment. Even just talking it out with a professional and receiving their advice can help calm you. In the mean time you could try natural solutions such as Rescue Remedy, practice breathing exercises, or search for 'guided meditation' on YouTube and find one of the relaxation audios there that works for you. And of course there's this forum, try reading some of the 'Top Tips' section :)

mlondon
18-02-13, 05:15
Thanks I do actually take lexapro and was speaking to a therapist until about a month ago, that really helped. I am going to speak to her tomorrow as well.