PDA

View Full Version : what dose is any one on

mili
06-09-06, 22:29
i started on mirtazapine last week told by doctor to take 1x 15mg at bedtime.i felt so sleepy the day after read some where that you need a higher dose to stop the sleepiness is this right got a appointment tomorrow with doctor but she wasnt the doctor who put me on these it was a locum ,i feel a bit better on this medication only thing is i have started to cry when ancious ,i have been botteling things up for a long time my counceller told me it was a good thing to cry and let out some of my pent up feelings any one else experienced these feelings

l.m.bell

traciec39
07-09-06, 00:33
I am also a newbie to mirtazapine, i was on 15mg for a week in early aug, but my feet got swollen so the doc took me off of them.
However they made me feel much better in that short time, so i went back to the doc today and he said to try them again, i took one at about 3pm and felt so tired i slept for 2 hours. I am really worried bout the weight gain side effect, but apparently if you higher the dose after a week the tiredness and weight gain are less.
I have health anxiety really bad, and i also havent been sleeping for more than 5 hours a night for a while. As for crying honey, i spent the whole day crying yesterday, really like i was going to die!
Its good to cry and let your emotions out, a real problem us sufferers dont do enough.
Lets keep in touch with our mirtazapine journey, we can compare notes!
plase pm me anytime
take care tracie

I CAN, I WILL , I AM

chop
07-09-06, 04:25
Hi
I might surprise you here
I am on 60mg at night of mirtazapine and 20mg Lexapro in Morning and valium when needed and also Seroquel (anti psychotic used for anxiety) and the seroquel has dropped my valium by a lot.

Paul

Learning to under react

Silly Blonde
07-09-06, 09:12
Hi there - I was put on mirtazapine last February - my anxiety was so bad at the time I was put straight on 30mg at night. I went through bad periods and it was increased to 45mg.

I tried to come off them last month and so dropped gradually from 45 to 30 then 15 - but then (on the advice of my psychiatrist!!) stopped suddenly. My GP told me I should have broken the 15s in half etc etc.

I felt so bad I decided to take them again. My psych told me to take 30mg, but I'm still only on 15mg and not doing so good - so have decided to up them to 30mg again.

In order to reduce the "hangover" effect in the morning - he advised me to take them an hour before going to sleep - seems to work for me. And the longer you take them the sleepiness will get less.

When I came off them he prescribed Sertraline (only because I moaned about the weight gain!!!) - but the main side effects of that are nausea and insomnia. As my main anxiety symptom is nausea, I decided not to bother with the Sertraline and stick with good old mirtazapine.

Just not sure whether to stay with 15mg or up it to 30mg. Feel like I have lost a lot of faith in my psych 'cos of the "bad advice" he gave me when trying to come off them.

But at the end of the day - I have bad health anxiety and they really do help me!!

SB xx

mili
07-09-06, 22:15
thanks for your replys i saw the doctor today and she said to stay on the medication for another month but 1 have taken 2x15mg tonight see if it helps stop the daytime sleepiness.i have slapped weight on round my tummy hips and thighs and cant fit in any of my skirts or trousers will have to go shopping this weekend to get something that fits gone from size 14 to 16 if this keeps up i will have to start slimming.or jogging but cant stop eating sweet foods after tea until bedtime therefor no time to do any extra exercise at bed time.feel a lot better today hope it carries on daily.we will just have to all keep our chins up and smiling if thats possible .see you all soon:)

l.m.bell

mili
07-09-06, 22:17
thanks for your replys i saw the doctor today and she said to stay on the medication for another month but 1 have taken 2x15mg tonight see if it helps stop the daytime sleepiness.i have slapped weight on round my tummy hips and thighs and cant fit in any of my skirts or trousers will have to go shopping this weekend to get something that fits gone from size 14 to 16 if this keeps up i will have to start slimming.or jogging but cant stop eating sweet foods after tea until bedtime therefor no time to do any extra exercise at bed time.feel a lot better today hope it carries on daily.we will just have to all keep our chins up and smiling if thats possible .see you all soon:)

l.m.bell