PDA

View Full Version : Going blind! My right eye has unusually prominent red veins! Panicking

skyisblue
18-02-13, 11:15
I just noticed this two days ago that my right eye has a "red veiny spot" near the pupil. I just thought it was some sort of irritation so I ignored it. Fast forward to this morning (after almost 72 hours), the reddish veins are still there!

Sure, I get red eyes sometimes but they usually go away within a few hours. This is just driving me insane.

I am 22 years old and my family has a history of hypertension and honestly, I've been working real hard to bring myself back to normal weight by exercising.

I fear that this may be some sort of warning that my blood pressure is becoming uncontrollable at my age OR I have some sort of eye disease that will make me go blind in a few days.

Ever since I noticed the reddish thing the other day, I've now now been really particular of my two eyes and I've been noticing other red veins as well! Especially at the bottom of my eyes when I flip my bottom eyelids!

I have no other eye-related symptoms. My vision is okay, they don't itch, nor have any discharge. I don't wear glasses or contacts.

I've tried eye drops yesterday and the reddish veins are still here. :(