PDA

View Full Version : health anxiety for 3 months - pyschiatrist wants me to take month off work

devonbevon
18-02-13, 11:31
Hi guys

Im in a state of confusion. Ive been suffering health issues and high anxiety for over 3 months now. Twitching tremors jerks hand and ankle pain. Mri fine. Emg fine. The fear remains. I took 3 weeks off in jan as sick leave but felt no better out other end. I cant concentrate. Im jumpy. I just want a sense of normacy again. Saw a pyschiatrist today who reckoned i had 15 separate triggers for my state and that she cant see how id be useful in my work in my current state. She gave me four weeks off. i can see that time out might be good but i also think that time could have a negative impact and that being at work might distract me. I am pretty stressed. Getting the kids for care almost sends me into meltdown. Ive gone from being able to balance it all to strughling to handle anything. My job is full on and ive been with samr boss for 6 years. Doc wants me to try lexapro. Any suggestions which path i should take? Xx

spacebunnyx
18-02-13, 11:43
Hi, I'm thinking that if your psychiatrist thinks you need a break than perhaps you should allow yourself the capacity to do so. For me personally I find ploughing on helps - Im a teacher and I actually find sitting around during holidays makes me even worse.. but then perhaps I'm just covering up my emotions and distracting myself from the real issues at hand by staying on at work. Its a tough one.. have you had any feedback from people at work as to how you are getting on... if they feel that you're not coping well its prob best to follow the advice. If they think youre doing fine than I think its a trickier call to make.

whichever decision you make will be the right one for you.

xxx

devonbevon
18-02-13, 11:49
Thanks. I think plodding through isa good distraction. My boss knows im battling my health and its making me anxious. Hes giving me a lot of space and being undemanding because ive delivered for 6 years (70 hr weeks). Back to standard hour no staff and few deadlines. So lucky although have lots of high profile work papers. Just hate going from capable of everything to getting the kids to care too much. Lol. Xx just wish i could shake my fear of motor neuron and tired of non stop tremors and twitches makes it hard to keep s grip.