PDA

View Full Version : Slow Brain Bleed or Tumour? PLEASE help me! x

chl_hobbs
18-02-13, 12:39
Hi All

I have had a throbbing head ache pretty much non stop since last monday. It's in the top right of the front of my head and has at times this week, made me need to go lie down. Bending down or leaning forwards makes it worse. It doesnt wake me up at night but in the morning it comes on about half and hr after I wake up. It is tender to touch that part of my head now but I dont know if thats because Ive been rubbing it.

Last October, I was at work when suddenly, on the same side, a massive headache struck. It made me vomit immediately. I ended up in hospital, had a brain CT and they saw no bleed and all was normal. The headache lasted about 3 days and went. Ive had minor headaches on and off since then.

But this one is so upsetting. I feel sick with it and dont want to eat. I also have gynaecological problems and was in hospital during the week overnight (they couldnt stop me bleeding but I have now). I did mention I had this headache but they just kept giving me paracetemol (which sometimes works and sometimes doesnt). I rang my gp this morning, they cant see me until tomorrow.

Im so scared. Its always there. I know I have been very stressed these past few weeks but surely this stabbing, throbbing pain in the same place cant result from that?

Would a tumour have grown in the 4 months since my last ct? Is it possible to have a bleed for a week? My blood tests (for gynae things) showed no inflammation or infection anywhere in my body. Im so scared I want to phone 999 and I feel dizzy and sick.

Please help if you can

Charlotte x

Jamesk
18-02-13, 12:41
Any vision problems? Could it be a migraine? People I know who have them get sick with them.

Daisy Sue
18-02-13, 13:38
Charlotte, what gynae issues are you having? (pm me if you want) - I've had over 3 years of headaches relating to hormones.

chl_hobbs
18-02-13, 16:10
Ive got endometriosis and a fibroid. They tried cutting it out.and then he accidentally cut my spleen without realising. I almost died. Hence where my HA comes from! That happened 18 months ago and the endo has all started again. X

Daisy Sue
18-02-13, 16:16
Ive got endometriosis and a fibroid. They tried cutting it out.and then he accidentally cut my spleen without realising. I almost died. Hence where my HA comes from! That happened 18 months ago and the endo has all started again. X

Oh my goodness, that's awful! So sorry you've had to go through all that, and for the endo to still be there after it all :(

I don't know if having endo or fibroids would affect your hormone levels... maybe it's worth looking into for the sake of elimination where your headaches are concerned..? All I know is, I had crippling head pain pre-menopause, when my hormones started going really off the scale, and they worsened in frequency and strength whilst on HRT... eventually we found it was the progesterone that was the culprit, and now that I'm off it, the headaches have stopped.

I've had the odd headache since, but nothing like the horrendous ones I used to get every other day with the hormone imbalances.

chl_hobbs
18-02-13, 18:19
Along with this headache ive also been getting more palps than usual too :( I dont know how a headache can last 7 days? Unless its serious :( im so scared about waking up again tomorrow with it. X

Anxious_gal
18-02-13, 19:20
You could see a nurologist as they deal with migraines.
That sounds like what you may have.
You need to keep a diary of food, drinks, stree, exposure to fluorescent lights including tvs n computer screens, if your female also track your cycle.

It helps to find your triggers.

Also there's a herb called feverfew which can help prevent migraines, there's lots of different medications you can try so ask your doctor.

chl_hobbs
19-02-13, 07:22
Just woken up and am literallly lying here feeling so sick just WAITING for the headache to statt again. Can feel it twinging and its really panicking me x