PDA

View Full Version : From one thing to another... lump in mouth?

Hellsbells1977
18-02-13, 19:45
Evening!

Well, I'd had a good few days, kicking the horrible HA feelings by cycling... lots (my backside is not thanking me for it though..) However this evening I'm feeling worse than ever..

A couple of months back I felt what I thought was a lump in my mouth, just below my bottom lip, sort of where your gum rests against your mouth. At the time I 'thought' I could feel a matching lump at the exact same point at the other side of my mouth, so did not pay much attention to it.. besides my HA was telling me I had a tumour elsewhere! :winks:

Anyhow, I have since had my usual routine dentist appointment, and forgot to mention said lump to the dentist, I did think that if there was anything untoward they would have noticed as part of the check up. Now 2 weeks later I have convinced myself that is is a lump (can't feel anything on the other side of my mouth now!) Feeling all confused, don't know whether to go back to dentists or go to docs or just try and ignore it, determined not to google though or I won't sleep!

Sorry for the lengthy-ish post, needed to get it off my chest a bit... has anyone had any experience of this?

R4963
18-02-13, 19:56
hey hellsbells, is it an ulcer? Or could you have chewed the inside of your mouth? The dentist would definitely have mentioned if there were any symptoms of anything serious. Maybe go to the doc just to put your mind at rest. I'm the same- i'm always lurching from one disease to another at the moment. it's a nightmare isn't it R x

Hellsbells1977
18-02-13, 20:07
I don't think it's an ulcer, as it's not sore, it seems quite smooth, however when I've tried to feel that area (the bit of muscle/flesh in front of your teeth), it all feels lumpier than cellulite!!!

I did think that the dentist would have said something at the time if it was serious, I did have an xray but it was concentrated on my back teeth..

You're right, as soon as you manage to make peace with one health problem, another one jumps right in there, going me me me!!

Thanks for the reply, H x