PDA

View Full Version : help needed

katyjohnstone
18-02-13, 20:29
hi i have been prescribed 20mg of citalopram for aniexty before this i was on 30g mirtzapine but that seemed to stop working now on day 12 have bad side effects like heighten aniexty and the aniexty feels as bad as before i started the meds i am worried that the meds are not working surely the side effects should have gone by now so scared not sure what is going on

Charlie11
18-02-13, 20:58
Hi Katy what you are feeling is normal with anxiety meds. I take 60 mgs Prozac and 30 mg of mirtazapine. Started on 20 mgs Prozac way bck end of nov. every time my doc increased the dosage my anxiety heightens. Been on the 60 mgs since 18 jan and just starting to feel better. My doc gave me diaziapam for 2 wks to help with the side effects you could ask for them I was given 2 x 5 mgs per day. I found they helped with the anxiety. :hugs:

steveo
18-02-13, 20:58
Hi Katy.

Stick with it, trust me.

Citalopram is one awful drug to start with. It can take 4 - 6 weeks before it is fully in your system. I was on it for years and it was a god sent to me. Unfortunately I came off it and things got worse and I have just been put back on it. Currently on my 6th week and side effects are dying down.

Don't give up. Give it time. It WILL get better I promise you!

Prehaps ask your doctor for some diazapam to see you through the bad times. They helped me!

If you need any more help and advice then feel free to PM me.

Rennie1989
20-02-13, 10:29
Many SSRI's can take between 2-4 weeks for the side effects to subside. It's normal to experience heightened anxiety during this time. Depending on the person, anxiety and dose it can take up to two months.

Hang in there, it's nearly over and you're doing fab :)