PDA

View Full Version : Abdominal pain

and_y
18-02-13, 22:13
Hi guys for over a year now ive been suffering abdominal pain it started like a flu only i had no fever or sickness just off balance and abdominal pain since then i have abdominal pain every day the weird thing is its not located to the one place rather 4 different places so far ive had blood work done and a ultrasound both of which came back fine but im worried as at 28 i don't think its normal to be having pain for such a long period just don't know what i should do :(

Annie0904
18-02-13, 22:15
Since you have had it for such a long time and all your tests have been clear then I would guess it is IBS.

and_y
18-02-13, 22:43
Hi Annie the doc has suggested that previously but obviously im a bit sceptical as i think when they cant find the source IBS is a easy out for them my pain started in the upper right but i now get it in the upper left and lower left and right at different times but im just a bit worried that it doesn't seem to be going away with medication

PinkRoxy
19-02-13, 07:47
Most cases of ibs I am not saying all but most are usually caused by modern diet today. More people are eating more takeaways so regularly and having lots of processed foods that it can upset the digestive system.

Children are being brought up on these foods so by the time they reached their teens or early adult like you they can be diagnosed with ibs.

I was diagnosed at age 20 and I admit I had a lot of mc donalds as a child and processed packet foods. Most people don't have a knowledge of nutrition these days and because of society it is more popular to eat those foods.

I am not saying all cases are like that but this is what my doctor told me as to why ibs is being diagnosed a lot in people and why its so common and why it gets diagnosed at still a young age.

So ibs is a real thing and its not something they make up, they did all the tests to rule out any thing that it could be and because its not any of those things then the reason they diagnose you with ibs is because of the discomfort you are having.

Other cases of ibs can be caused by stress and sensitive digestive tract.

Annie0904
19-02-13, 12:08
I am very careful what I eat and eat very little if any junk food. My IBS is stress related although some foods such as highly spiced make it worse.