PDA

View Full Version : Nervous tic ?

constantworrier
07-09-06, 08:50
Hi All,

I've woken up this morning with a nervous tic under my eye...at least that's what i think it is. It's like the muscle keeps jumping or pulsing really quickly...not painful at all, just embarrassing when people think i keep winking at them ! ;) Lol!
I seem to have no control over it at all. Before i start to catastrophise that it's something more sinister, does this sound like a tic? If so, any suggestions as to how to stop it...apart from the obvious and try to reduce the anxiety ?

Thanks,

CW

x

"Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us, we could learn to dance on a moving carpet." - Anon

reddevil
07-09-06, 09:41
Hi,

I had this once and I asked people in my office who else has ever had it and you would be suprised, lots of people did.

Red

mad_shell66
07-09-06, 10:28
ive had that, no need to worry about it, as it goes by its self
shell xx

lass
07-09-06, 11:33
I've had it from time to time (not that I have knowingly associated with anxiety, just one of those weird things that happens occasionally). It goes away by itself, it's just annoying!

polly daydream
07-09-06, 12:03
Hi Cw, I had this a few years ago, it's only a nerve under your eye become irritated, in a couple of day's it should dissappear. I know it's annoying but absolutely harmless.

Take care,

Polly x

rosebud
07-09-06, 14:38
Hi

had taht once myself when i was under alot of stress. Apparently that can cause it and its nothing at all to worry about.

Love Rosebudxxx

net
07-09-06, 15:00
i get it when i'm stressed its annoying but it does go away i did find that if i dont worry about it it goes away quicker

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

Lindalou64
07-09-06, 15:31
you just ansewed your own question when you worry!!!!!!!! it twitches oh god when i worry my body twitches every where....my brother had a big prob with his eye doing it ...he says it was from the anxiety and it does go away so i wish ya the best.....Linda[8D]

MissBehavin
07-09-06, 17:26
This is so common, my doctor said even hes had it before. Its called a tic yes. Stress causes it. I have episodes that happen on and off for weeks then i can go months without having it at all.
C x

Pete to win Big Brother 7

Allie
07-09-06, 20:34
Yep! I've had that too!

It can be related to stress, but can happen for no reason at all! It happened to me way before I had an anxiety disorder too! I was sitting in science class and my eye just began twitching for no reason and wouldn't stop for hours!

THE VOICE INSIDE YOUR HEAD IS NOT THE VOICE OF GOD. IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE IT THINKS IT IS! Cheri Huber

constantworrier
08-09-06, 16:37
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the replies. As it happens the tic seems to have now gone (hooray!).

A tip for anybody who suffers from this.....Interestingly, eating and physical activity seemed to make it go away. It could be that these simply provided distraction and lowered the causative anxiety...though maybe eating sorted say a blood sugar issue which caused it, or physical activity burned off adrenaline perhaps which likewise could have been a factor. Of course, i may just be over-analayzing and the tic just went by itself!

CW :D

x

"Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us, we could learn to dance on a moving carpet." - Anon