PDA

View Full Version : my food is digesting too slowly and gives me bad chest pain?

Anxious_gal
19-02-13, 01:53
Well I've noticed that my food can sit for hours in my tummy totally undigested. I have reflux so food often comes back up, and well it's easy to tell that it's still pretty not digested lol

Well I've been eating a lot more as I am trying to gain weight, I don't know if there is anything I can do to speed up digestion?
I'm eating healthy enough, drinking more water, etc.

The chest pain is pretty bad and can last for hours, I think it's food related, because burping causes more pain, undigested food and acid comes up too.

would anti acid pills/meds help or would they slow down digestion?
I read too that Motlium? tablets are meant to speed up digestion?

The pain is just above solar plexus area, although it can spread outwards too.

I ate a lot of food today, but I think it might have the potatoes that set it off this time, maybe a mild intolerance? or they are harder to digest.

Daisy Sue
19-02-13, 07:20
Hiya.. there are loads of over the counter things you could try, such as Gaviscon, Maalox etc which are ant-acids and which will help soothe the lining of your upper gastro tract, temporarily though. If you have continual reflux, especially to the point of getting that chest pain and bringing up undigested food, really I would say you need something on prescription such as omeprazole, or similar..

If your stomach is sore/inflamed, then the last thing it needs is a lot of food to digest all in one go... smaller meals more often are easier, and try to avoid things which lay heavy on your stomach such as vegetable skins, wholegrain bread, etc.

Ribbit
19-02-13, 07:36
Chances are your body isn't used to the increased volume of food. When we overeat then our bodies let us know about it!

I agree with Daisy Sue, take smaller meals but more frequently so you can increase your calorie content without stretching your stomach.

Indigestion is rotten so treat it with antacids in the meantime x