PDA

View Full Version : It's the little things that get me going..

Tastee
19-02-13, 02:57
The simplest things throw me into a whirlwind of emotions.

I will give you an example of something that is currently driving me bananas!

I just bought a new water filter, and there is sticker residue on the outside of it ( and there was never a sticker ).. now when I pour a drink out of it I can't help but to think that the water is tainted due to this residue.. I really just want to throw out the filter but I've been throwing away so much stuff lately I can't waste anymore!

If my food/drink is handled properly I will not touch it. I can't stand it when someone touches the opening of my drink glass/bottle/can..

I can't use napkins, or forks when I'm out. I can't touch my face at all when I'm out. Because if I touch a door I automatically have to remind myself not to touch face.

Listen, if someone has gone through this please explain to me why I am going through this. I can't sit here anymore and worry that my Brita Filter is going to kill me. Or that I'm going to catch a deadly disease from rubbing my eyes. Or that I'm bound to die from the simplest things.

I have been in such a rut lately.... I can't help to think that something bad is bound to happen to me..

So please, what should I do? And Do I continue to use the filter? Will that help get over my fear even though I am so sketched out from the sticker residue?

thanks guys.. this website has helped me out before, i'm looking for some sympathy yet again..

best wishes to all who read this

PanchoGoz
19-02-13, 11:41
Yes you most definitely should keep using it. The more you give into your fear the more power it has over you. Are you on any therapy or medication?

Daisy Sue
19-02-13, 11:46
I agree, keep using it - it can't and it won't hurt you.

I would probably try to get the residue off, not for the same reasons as you have, but because it would bug me being there...