PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Grey.
19-02-13, 12:14
Hello everyone, I'm new here. I've suffered with depression and anxiety for about 10 years now, had all kinds of psychotherapy for it and it did help at the time for my social phobia but only helped temporarily for the panic attacks.

I went some years without the panic attacks but then about a year ago now I got woke up having one and since then have had a bad time with it. I'm on medication for it now, 80mg of propranolol a day and it does help.

I'm looking forward to reading about everyone else's experiences and getting some tips from everyone. :)

shaunnajadelle
19-02-13, 12:18
Hello,

I sympathise with you with this, I have suffered panic attacks for years but only recently it has been affecting my sleep, it's awful :(

impulse81
19-02-13, 12:22
Hi I'm relatively new on here I have suffered for 9 years with anxiety,panic attacks,social phobia and agoraphobia,I did the silly thing of self medicating to relieve my symptoms resulting in all sorts of terrible things,I'm 7 months sober now,and have moved cities for a fresh start,I'm still having anxiety and suffer with social anxiety and agoraphobia but I've been taking 100mg of sertraline daily for about 3 months and the panic attacks seem to have subsided,I can now manage the supermarket on a good day and I seem to be rationalizing my thoughts pretty well,I'm on the waiting list for c.b.t also,I feel a lot more confident lately,hope it lasts x x x

nomorepanic
19-02-13, 12:24
Hi Grey.

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Grey.
19-02-13, 15:56
Thanks for replying :) it does get depressing when it starts affecting your sleep. I've not slept properly for ages.

You sound like your doing good impulse, I'm going through a bit of a bad time myself at the moment, hardly going out the house and all that. I think my doctor is arranging something for me too when I go back in a few weeks.

Daisy Sue
19-02-13, 16:13
Hi Grey, & welcome :)

There is a really good information page on panic attacks in the list to the left here <<<<<

Looking forward to seeing you around the forum :)

Baggs
19-02-13, 16:26
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

Grey.
19-02-13, 17:05
Thanks Baggs :) I'm glad you've got some help

manwithnoname
19-02-13, 17:10
hi grey and welcome :)

Grey.
19-02-13, 17:13
Hello manwithnoname :) thanks

manwithnoname
19-02-13, 17:30
how has your day been grey?

Grey.
19-02-13, 17:40
Its been ok I suppose, started on 80mg of propranolol today

manwithnoname
19-02-13, 17:44
is that for anxiety or is it for depression as well?