PDA

View Full Version : Rabies phobia?

rysio
19-02-13, 15:10
The rabies phobia is seriously disturbing. I live in the USA. where we have winters and snow. Yesterday I came home late and parked my car on my parking spot outside. Before I left my car I waited about 1 minute. I thought I heard some noise under the car, but it could also be some noise coming from the engine. It was freezing outside and I thought that some wild animal could have gotten under the car right away where it was worm yet from the engine running. After I quickly left the car I started thinking if I could somehow get bitten on the leg when leaving the car by some animal which could have jumped from under the car’s carriage and not feel it at all? Of course I never noticed any animal and never felt any bite sensation, but my obsession stays with me. Please, please let me know if this is nonsense and only my phobia or it could have happened? Please share your opinion. Thank you.

nomorepanic
19-02-13, 15:14
Hi

You would know if you had been bitten so you have nothing to worry about.

silent bob
19-02-13, 15:42
Oh you would definatly know if you had been bitten... best physical example bite your own arm... did you feel it? an animal (especially with rabies) would be much much harder than that... no need to worry luv it's just the phobia doing it's thing :)

rysio
20-02-13, 07:00
Hi,
Thank you so very much. You are doing such a tremendous job. It is really so comforting since these opinions make some significant difference when trying to deal with it and to put things in order in one's head, and which calls for independent opinion and assurance to have some distance to this whole issue. They may seem insignificant, but they come as a gift.
So it looks like I can stay confident about it, I guess. Aren't I?
Perhaps it is so obvious to some or even plain stupid, but to others "never 100% sure" under the circumstances through created phobic delusions.

Thanks to all you guys for your human care and effort as any additional and honest opinion is always welcomed since it is so much more assuring and convincing. It may not mean a lot to others, but it means a lot to a troubled one.

Thanks for all. I am getting more assured now.

Thanks again! I appreciate it! I trust others would also share these opinions??!!

silent bob
20-02-13, 09:48
no worries :) it is always nice to have the affirmation that someone else out there has an opinion you can reflect on and go 'oh well maybe its not as bad as i think' :)