PDA

View Full Version : off on holiday I AM NOT SCARED!BIG THANKS!

Paddington
07-09-06, 10:41
Hi everyone.i was not going to write a post,but then thought hey it is sooo important for us all to see the light at the end of this tunnel,so here goes!I am going to cornwall tomorrow and i AM NOT SCARED!I am actually not well at present,and exept for the odd blip[you know the dying thing!]i am not scared of that either!All this week i have driven my Daughter to her new job[YES NICOLA ,I HAVE BEATEN THE DRIVING DEMON AT LAST!]i was nervous,but i was not SCARED!I have accepted who i am with all my fears and phobias.It is ok to be this way,it is who i am but only a PART of who i am,and the rest of me is doing ok!I have survived cancer and will survive anxiety disorder!This is all down to this forum ,ALL OF IT!When i found you i was all but house bound,i had no friends [theyhad left,as they did not understand]i was drinking too much,i was a mess!Over these last months the love ,support and friendship i have found has turned my life around,this forum allows you to be yourself so you can forget about yourself for a while.It gives you a voice.It respects your opinion.It has given me my life back,given my kids their mom back too.I will be thinkin of you all this coming week.THANK YOU.lLove always,mary rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

ceecee
07-09-06, 11:26
hi mary rose well done you have come such a long way!hope you have a lovely time in cornwall!(i live down here in devon and they say the weather is going to be great for the next few days!)so pleased for you
take care rachel x

polly daydream
07-09-06, 12:16
Hi Mary rose, glad things seem to be going ok for you, have a wonderfull holiday, you deserve it, my favourite place in the world is cornwall, I am going next month, can't wait.

Take care,

Polly x

honeybee3939
07-09-06, 12:54
Mary Rose you have done so well, you are a inspiration to us !!

Have a lovely holiday

Love

Andrea
xxx

Lindalou64
07-09-06, 15:44
that is GREAT maryrose .its good to hear positive things and know there is a light at the end of this tunnel........again good for you.........have a great holiday..............Linda[8D]

Karen
07-09-06, 16:41
Hi Mary Rose

Well done you!! I am so pleased to read this post and you deserve all the credit for the hard work and determination you've put in these past months.

I am so glad the support here helps and I cannot thank you enough for the support you have given me. I am honoured to be one of your friends from this site.

I hope you have a fantastic holiday.

Karen xx

Paddington
08-09-06, 10:08
Thanks guys for the lovely replies,it kinda makes my point doesnt it!And Karen the honour is all mine hun.Speak to you all when i get back :) love mary rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

hayles
08-09-06, 10:13
what a superb post.....have a wicked holiday x

Hay x

Southern_Belle
09-09-06, 17:40
Hi Mary Rose,

What a wonderful post! I also think it is great when anyone accepts themself for who they are, they is great mental health in my opinion. Congratulations on all the achievements you have made and I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

Paddington
19-09-06, 11:08
Well here i am back again.Not one valium ,not one drop of 'medicinal' brandy touched my lips!!There were scarey moments[traffic jam on the waythere..AGH..!]Thought of Nicola and asked Adam to stay next to the hard shoulder ,that really helped!Holiday was ok,Did some nice walks [i reccommend Golitha falls if youare near bodmin anytime!]Sadly my lymphodema kicked in and did for my holiday really,but WHAT THE HELL,I HAD A HOLIDAY FROM FEAR!!!!!!!!!!HOORAH!Now all i have to do is lose 5 stone and my life is perfect mmmmmmm!Now thatwould be a miracle,ha ha ha ha!!love as ever ,mary rose.xxxxxxxx

kazzie
19-09-06, 11:43
Great News Mary Rose!!!! Take Care luv Kaz x

Alexandra
19-09-06, 14:42
Hi Mary

Thats brilliant news so glad you had a nice & relaxed time away on your holiday..

Take care

Alex

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

polly daydream
19-09-06, 15:02
Hi Mary rose, glad you had a great time sweet, sounds like great fun.

Take care,

Polly x

feege
21-09-06, 09:08
MARY ROSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a star you are!!!!!!!!!!!!! You so totally deserve all the wonderful things that are going to come your way!!!!

Love and hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
Good and bad things WILL happen!

Neebie
21-09-06, 09:23
Hi there :-)
I'm going to Cornwall tomorrow too! Small world huh!!! Have a wonderful holiday! You deserve it!
Here's to sunny September days!
love
Neebie
X

Paddington
21-09-06, 10:22
thanks fee and neebie.It's been a long time coming ,this freedom from fear and i still take one day at a time!But it is because i am blessed with follk like you on here that i feel so much better!Fee, i hope you are ok.Love mary rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxps have lost 10 pounds so maybe a perfect life is not sooo far a way???!!!

Karen
21-09-06, 18:13
Hi Mary Rose

You did so well and I am so pleased that you had such a good holiday. It sounds like you coped brilliantly.

Well done.

Karen xx

Paddington
22-09-06, 16:28
thanks Karen,yes it was a different experience seeing the sites without drugs or drink!!!!!Bizzare,how the fear of the fear has gone!I still get anxiousbut i see it as that and let it go thru me[stillnot nice tho!]i hope this helps others whoare struggling at the moment too!God bless.love mary rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx