PDA

View Full Version : Eek! What was that?

Orange Lightning
19-02-13, 19:31
I've been having a tight throat with a lump in it all day, plus some indigestion and a sore throat. I pegged it all down to anxiety and got on with it, but suddenly this evening just after I finished eating I got a massive surge of chest pain that had me falling onto my knees in pain..! Since then my throat has gotten worse; it feels like something is moving UP my throat, and bringing a foul tasting liquid with it. I'd like to believe it's just anxiety too, especially after having such a stressful time of late, but that chest pain has me verrrrrrrry worried! Just for a piece of mind, could it just be gas or anxiety, and how would I know this is the case? ^^; I'm worried I may have GERD so...

EDIT: Before I forget, I've also been having ear pain, and weirdly enough some water I drink slips through my left ear; only a little bit though and only if I've been talking for a long time beforehand. Weird but worth sharing I think. :p

Daisy Sue
19-02-13, 19:58
Hi... I would think that the chest pain and other throat/regurgitation issues are very probably acid reflux or some kind of gastric upset... one way to tell is to drink some hot water, or peppermint tea, and see if you feel any comfort in that area from it, also if it releases gases. Other than that, I really would say see your doc because it's not pleasant, and there are loads of meds that can calm this kind of thing down quickly.

With regard to your ear - wow - you can drink then have the water in your ear?? I've never heard of that before, but.. not wanting to worry you - I have heard of it the other way round when someone puts eardrops in and it trickles down the throat, which is usually due to an ear drum perforation. If you're sure this is happening, I'd definitely see the doctor on this one.

fruity
19-02-13, 20:56
HEY ORANGELIGHTNING. I HAD THAT THE OTHER DAY BUT NO PAIN IN CHEST. IT ENDED UP BEING FLEM BECAUSE I HAVE A ROTTEN COLD. XXXXXX:bighug1: