PDA

View Full Version : hot flushes

hjm70
07-09-06, 11:39
hi all

i keep getting really hot flushes where my body burns all over or sometimes its just my head and face there doesnt seem to be a certain thing that sets it off it just seems to happen

anyone else get this?

polly daydream
07-09-06, 12:10
Hi, could be hormone related, have you ever had your oestrogen levels taken, might be a good idea to do so, what you are experiencing sounds alot like one of the main symtoms of the menopause, even though I know you are no where near the age of menopause it can sometimes happen.

Take care,

Polly

net
07-09-06, 16:08
i get it a lot especially when i'm anxious which doesnt help cos the hot flushes make me more anxious.
its been worse lately but dr said its cos i'm having perimenopause

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

matilda
07-09-06, 18:34
I get these a lot and i dont think i am on the change. It is anxiety.

lainey
07-09-06, 18:46
Hi there

Hot flushes are a very common symptom of anxiety, I get a double dose due to the preimenopause as well.
Try not to worry.

Take care

Elaine x

Wenjoy
07-09-06, 20:25
I am 46 and have just gone from perimenopause to the real thing and get hot flushes with anxiety and the menopause and hate them!!! I blush and get anxious breathing when talking to men close up as well and feel jittery inside - really stupd but I guess hormones and anxiety together make it worse!! Love wenjoy xx

juju
07-09-06, 21:01
HI HJM,
yep i had this a lot,
its horrible, your skin feels on fire doesnt it? i had hormone levels taken, they were norm.
its just an adrenalin rush, try to ignore it, it does pass
julie

we are all stronger people after having this