PDA

View Full Version : How do I get through this?

Eek
20-02-13, 03:28
Hi all,

I'm having a really bad HA week this week and am close to breaking point. I should be pleased and relieved as my liver scan came back good, but I got this stupid belly button infection that I'm worried isn't going to clear up and am on antibiotics that seem to be doing nothing but give me thrush and terrify me that they're going to give me c. diff. and I'm seeing a dermatologist on Friday about a possible carcinoma on my face.

Well, the last few days I've gone into melt down, I've started worrying about every little thing. Every day I see several things that panic me, just little things that I'd normally ignore. It's got to the point where I've forgotten what certain things look like and worry that there's something wrong even though there probably isn't. I catch sight of something in the mirror or see something on my hand or leg, or feel a pain, every little thing is making me freak out to the point where I just sit on the sofa and cry.

I don't know what to do, I don't know how to climb back out of this hole I'm sinking into. I just want to cry all the time. I really really don't know what to do.

Justinf
20-02-13, 04:26
Think seriously about how remote the possibility is that you have a cancerous growth on your face and how remote the possibility is that you have c.diff.
Take a deep breath. You were convinced you had liver cancer and you didn't. Your mind is telling you all these horrible things, when reality says different.
I know it's easier said than done, but perhaps stop taking the antibiotics if they don't seem to be working?

Eek
20-02-13, 04:32
The doctor has actually extended the course of antibiotics to ten days as the infection is still there. I'm terrified the infection won't go, that it'll burrow into my abdomen, I'm just thinking up all kinds of scenarios for the things I have, I just want it all to stop.

Justinf
20-02-13, 04:36
In the meantime, take some probiotics. Yakult is good. That will help restore the good bacteria in your tummy.

Eek
20-02-13, 04:52
I'm taking an Inner health plus probiotic a day, the pharmacist said if taken two hours away from the antibiotics it can help.

chl_hobbs
20-02-13, 07:31
Eek, I cant help much but I wanted u to know that this week I have been the same, and am in the middle ofa crisis. I begged my partner to take the day off and look after me but he wont. Ive had a headache in yhe same place for 8 days now and its really really scaring me. Thinking of u hun x

swajj
20-02-13, 11:19
There comes a time when you have to say to yourself "this problem is bigger than me" and seek professional counselling. This board can only do so much to help you with your health anxiety. I have had the exact same headache described here and it lasted for weeks. A psychiatrist taught me how to relax so that the headache would go. I am in Australia and don't know how it works in other countries but here you just get a referral from your doctor and make an appointment to see the psyciatrist he or she refers you to. This board is a great place for those who just need a reassuring word from fellow sufferers but to my knowledge there are no psychiatrists here so for those whose HA is completely out of control this board can only help so much. In fact for some people reading about all the imagined and real illnesses can only have a very negative impact on their thought processes. I don' mean to sound uncaring or harsh but I realise that this post will probably come across like that.

almamatters
20-02-13, 19:40
Hi Eek, so pleased your liver scan came back clear. Hope you feel more reassured now. Mine came back fine as well, just hemingioma right lobe, but now have a referral to see ( weirdly enough the same as you ) a dermatologist about rash on back and knee. So stressing again. xx