PDA

View Full Version : Getting help with Anxiety/panic

kelly12
20-02-13, 09:02
Just want to say how nice it is to have people on here to talk to who understand how panic/anxiety feels and that your not on your own!.. I have suffered with these for over 25 years and had every symptom you can think of with panic/anxiety and never had any proper help or taken any meds untill recently! I used to try and explain to people and doctors years ago how I felt back then and they would look at me like im weird and I felt so alone with it but even tho I have not had counselling or CBT therapy (as i couldnt sit through it) I have learned just to try and cope with it by myself. I have now started taking pills that are helping but im only taking them as and when needed as I dont want to get addicted to them. If i feel a a little anxious I come on here and talk to people or put up a post and that reasures me too. I feel like there is more help for people now then there was when I started having them. C.ds, Websites, counselling, CBT therapy, even herbel remedies. It also helps to have a good doctor who will sit and take time and talk to you and he will recommend things for you to try. :bighug1:

Daisy Sue
20-02-13, 09:41
Hi Kelly, I know exactly what you mean... this is my 2nd time around with anxiety etc., the first time being many years ago, and at that point I had no-one apart from my CBT guy who really understood. I didn't even have a computer back then!

This time around it's so different, not only with the incredible support and experience on this forum, but also educating myself elsewhere on the internet.

kelly12
20-02-13, 10:45
Yes the things that are out there now is a great help I even have an app on my phone now that helps you cope through a panic attack on how to breath and relax your body!...Ive listened to it that many times I just do it in my head now lol. You dont realise just how many people are out there are suffering with this. but a few years ago i didnt really now much about it!....

GlobusGirl32
20-02-13, 14:46
I agree, this site helps me everyday and the people on it are amazing. Good to read peoples stories and hear their kind words. Im workin hard on my anxiety and panic now, can't wait to be done with meds completely. Just want to be myself again.