PDA

View Full Version : Neck/Throat problems.. Worried :(

shaunnajadelle
20-02-13, 12:10
Hello everybody,

About 5 days ago I got a really bad sore throat on the right hand side (really painful to swallow) and painful around under the jaw and the right side of my neck and around the back too. Being very anxious, I went to the doctor and was told I had tonsillitis.

I was satisfied with this diagnosis for about a day before I was convinced the doc had misdiagnosed me and wasn't taking the neck pain seriously enough, so I went to a different doctor. This doctor told me I had tonsillitis and probably muscular strain. Again, I was satisfied with this diagnosis for about a day before more anxiety started up again.

Yesterday I was so anxious that I stopped by a DIFFERENT doctor and explained that it couldn't possibly be normal for me to have neck pain with tonsillitis? She said my glands were swollen right up and my throat was irritated and that it's possibly viral but in case it's bacterial, she gave me penicillin. She said it's normal for my neck to hurt and my head but I wasn't convinced.

This morning I've woke up and the glands/whole neck on the right hand side and slightly to the back and around the shoulder feels really achey, and loads more painful, (sore throat is no worse and possibly slightly better) and neck hurts to the touch, especially under my chin, so naturally I freaked out and I've been irritating everybody in my house all morning claiming that this has to be something awful.

I know that there's people with way worse things than me and I possibly sound irrational but I'm so anxious, I've been anxious for 5 days now and not eating properly and I'm also worried that my arms feel weak/numb which might imply that this could be some sort of brain infection :( I just don't understand how something like a sore throat could cause all this pain around my neck and last for 5 days? My mother said it's because I'm not used to being ill and I just need to deal with it, but I'm so scared! I've been taking cocodamol for the pain.

Can anyone relate to this or has experienced similar pain with throat infection?