PDA

View Full Version : Panic/Anxiety today

ruthless
20-02-13, 12:14
Hi everyone. Hope you are all coping ok
Today I could not get out of bed until 11.30am. Struggling with an intrusive thought. On day 20 of Sertraline and upped to 100mg 3 days ago. I took a small amount of Lorazepam which has helped and have got washed and dressed and tidied a bit and made a cup of tea. The Lorazepam calms me, but I am petrified of becoming dependant on it so it is a constant struggle in my mind whether to take it or not!

maximus1975
20-02-13, 12:56
if u can get through without it dont take it im addicted and its horrible coming of it , problem is i no how well it works and your finding that out to, but in time the body will need more and more to chill u out then you'll be in the same mess as me

ruthless
20-02-13, 13:08
if u can get through without it dont take it im addicted and its horrible coming of it , problem is i no how well it works and your finding that out to, but in time the body will need more and more to chill u out then you'll be in the same mess as me

I agree completely, but I am trying to be sensible and just take it when I feel it's really needed. I have read loads of comments on the internet and many people have said that it has helped tremendously whilst taking carefully, and have not needed to increase their dose. Sometimes, for me nothing else works despite my knowing that it's 'just my thoughts'.