PDA

View Full Version : Resting heart rate and anxiety

Emma86
20-02-13, 13:05
Hey guys.
Now I know as an anxiety sufferer that even when we feel good and fine anxiety is still with us, going round our mind and body, it doesn't disappear overnight.
I have always had this obsession with my heart rate, since I developed anxiety, especially with the missed beats which are scary. I'm very sensitive to feeling it which is 90% of the time and I always feel its fast even if its not if that makes sense. I have had my panic attacks, where my heart rate has been 150bpm or more, my resting heart rate is usually between 70 and 85, to me this is fast. What is the average? What is yours?
I just feel relaxing watching tv and my heart rate at 80bpm is alot. Is it down to anxiety and even though I feel relaxed, my body isnt as Ive had anxiety so long now. I also have 80mg of propranolol each day, I thought this would lower my heart rate.

LittleSongbird
20-02-13, 13:26
It's normal when you have such rate. I know a woman nearby has an average rate about 140 bpm (90% of the time) without a problem.

Anxiety is always with us because it's something emotional, and It has to come because there're many reason to trigger anxiety. Such as present at class, take an exam, etc... But in some cases when you have anxiety disorders you always anxious and your body becomes sensitized and easy triggered. It takes time for your body to heal and your brain balances chemicals. So please be patient.

No one have ever died or have anything serious just because of panic attacks or anxiety-related disorders. I know there'll be scary times but it's safe and a fast heart rate cannot hurt you. Just because it can't.

xtremx
20-02-13, 13:58
Hi Emma86.

Your resting heart rate is fine, I can get mine down to around 55, but normal for me is around the 80 mark.
The highest I have every recorded was 245 and that was in a amberlance on the way to a&e during a bad panic attack.

The one thing you have to take in to account is the time of day you take your pulse you resting heart rate should be take as soon as you wake up will still I'm bed that is classed a you resting heart rate.. Any other time will not give you a resting heart rate as it can change from minute to minute, cool or warm everything is a factor!

A woman's heart rate is fast than a mans as well!

So yours if fine