PDA

View Full Version : 2 weeks on and doing great

smiley
20-02-13, 13:26
Hi all, some of you may have read my earlier post about coming off of citalopram , just thought I'd post an update for you , well I've been off the meds for 2 weeks now was dreading it but to be honest I've had no bad effects at all , I'm feeling great , life's not so good at the moment with my work situation or should i say lack of it due to having my hours reduced drastically , I'm coping ok with it all so here's hoping I've seen the back of the meds and can stay on the right road to recovery , without the help of my many good friends here , counselling , self belief and meds I really don't know where I would be today , so I'm gonna keep the belief , keep moving forwards and hopefully all will be well , I'd like to keep you all updated not for my benefit but for those of you that think this is how it will always be , never give up on hope or yourself , people with this horrible illness are some of the strongest people I have ever met xxxxxxxxx:D

LittleSongbird
24-02-13, 17:26
Really glad to know that you're in good situation.

I'm coming off medications this week too (Mirtazapine and Bromazepam).

What about your recovery? Tell me more about it :D

Big hugs :hugs: Xx

P.S: Like your signature :D

Tessar
24-02-13, 18:46
Hey smiley, what a pleasure it was to read your post. I am so pleased that you are making such good progress. Like you say this site has so many friendly people on it. The key point you mention in your post is self-belief because it is you who has achieved all these things. You deserve a huge pat on the back for coming through such difficult times. And very kind to share so that it will give hope to other people as well, that's really very thoughtful of you.

Punkachoo
24-02-13, 19:45
Good job! I read this and it instantly put a smile on my face. I've just been put on Citalopram, and I am most definitely wanting to be off them already. Stories like yours give people hope, so thank you for that. All the best :).

FranPierre
07-03-13, 07:55
well done! I have been on citalopram for years, so it is great to hear someone is getting free!