PDA

View Full Version : HELP! I feel like there is liquid sitting in my throat and its starting to scare me

Distortion
20-02-13, 16:59
:scared15: Please help. I have felt for days maybe even weeks that there is liquid sitting in my throat. Feels like i keep needing to swallow to push it down. Right in the front of my neck. like liquid is just sitting there. It seems to be getting worse but i also am starting to get scared. I went to a gastro doctor last week and he scheduled a scope for march. Since then it seems to get worse. but i always wonder if that is my condition (the panic and anxiety) talking. I keep swallowing and for a min it feels better but then it seems to crawl back up. Can anyone help me? Give me advice? Calm my nerves? Just tell me im not alone? Thank you.

Murdock
20-02-13, 18:56
I had this for years with my acid reflux. It got much worse when i was anxious too. Had a scope 4-5 years back and it was fine. I found thst gaviscon and milk really helped.

Orange Lightning
20-02-13, 21:32
:scared15: Please help. I have felt for days maybe even weeks that there is liquid sitting in my throat. Feels like i keep needing to swallow to push it down. Right in the front of my neck. like liquid is just sitting there. It seems to be getting worse but i also am starting to get scared. I went to a gastro doctor last week and he scheduled a scope for march. Since then it seems to get worse. but i always wonder if that is my condition (the panic and anxiety) talking. I keep swallowing and for a min it feels better but then it seems to crawl back up. Can anyone help me? Give me advice? Calm my nerves? Just tell me im not alone? Thank you.

Anxiety certainly causes that 'stuck in throat feeling' but it can even cause trouble swallowing would you believe it?! If it doesn't want to ease or you can't stop it, try Manuka and Ginger honey with a mug of hot water. Alternatively if you suspect acid reflux from stress, try Gaviscon Advance; this wonderful medicine cured my lumpy throat thingy in no time, and chewing mint-free gum like JuicyFruit helped it work faster! :D

Anxious_gal
21-02-13, 00:03
do you have blocked or runny nose? sometimes the mucous can get caught/stuck along the throat area, I get it with my sinuses, I totally understand that crawling sensation but im not too sure what causes it.