PDA

View Full Version : New Member

BridgetW
20-02-13, 19:12
I struggle from a crippling, life altering, horrific and out of my hands disorder which is Anxiety. People freely use the phrase "I am freaking out", but truely "freaking out" takes people to deaths door. In a panic attack I feel as though I am going to die. It is a serious situation, as you all can understand. I have other disorders and have ways to deal with them and am told to "get them under control" but the anxiety is out of my control. I stay a wreck, and having to appear to others as if I have everything under control keeps me stretched to the limit. I am currently searching for the path of treatment that I can take. I joined NMP in hopes to answer some question, talk to others with the same issues, and maybe give a helping word to someone in need of support. :scared15:

nomorepanic
20-02-13, 19:22
Hi BridgetW

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

manwithnoname
20-02-13, 19:28
bridget, you are not alone, I have experienced exactly what you are going through, anxiety is a very unpleasant sensation, i have suffered anxiety and depression off and on for the past 30 years and i am off work with it for the past 3 years

xtremx
20-02-13, 19:29
Hi BridgetW

Welcome your story sounds so much like everyone else's and we are all here to help in what way we can.
I myself have a Panic Disorder amoung other things and MNP has help me loads.

Baggs
21-02-13, 00:39
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

Daisy Sue
21-02-13, 00:49
Hi Bridget, and welcome :)

Your description of acute anxiety is so familiar to many of us who have panic attacks.... in fact one of the 'mantras' I learned during my CBT, which I repeated to myself often was "I'm not going to die.."

It's crazy when you think of the power of anxiety over our bodies, and in turn our minds, but try to reassure yourself it really is just the anxiety, and you're not the only one to feel it like this.

Mark13
22-02-13, 18:27
Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

I've found a great deal of solace from being here, I'm sure you'll also benefit.