PDA

View Full Version : House or Flat Share Liverpool

Serenitie
20-02-13, 20:44
Hi All,

I'm in the process of actively working towards moving back home after living away from Liverpool for almost 13 years.

I feel that where I live is not helpful to my recovery as there is little sense of community and I have no real friends or social support here. I live alone so it can be very isolating.

I always feel much happier and more confident when I visit home. I have made new friends at the Liverpool meet and have old school friends in Liverpool as well as my parents. I feel that my best chance of making continued progress is back home.

I would most likely spend half of my time in Liverpool and half in Sheffield in the interim getting my house ready to rent before I make my move permanent.

If anyone on here hears of any house or flat shares in need of a new member I would love to hear about them. I would prefer to do this via personal recommendation and preferably share with someone who at least understands anxiety issues. I would ideally like to be based near to the city centre.

Please private message me if you are someone considering a share or know of someone who is. I'd love to hear from you.

Tessar
20-02-13, 21:14
Sounds like a good plan to me. Feeling that sense of community is I,portent and if a place feels like home, then that's where you will want to be. I have never left our home town. I'm the only one left here now but that's fine by me. One of my brothers would live back here but can't afford it so he's 15 miles up the road.

Serenitie
20-02-13, 21:23
Sounds like a good plan to me. Feeling that sense of community is I,portent and if a place feels like home, then that's where you will want to be. I have never left our home town. I'm the only one left here now but that's fine by me. One of my brothers would live back here but can't afford it so he's 15 miles up the road.

Thank you for your support Tessar. I feel like this is the most important step I can take towards my recovery and future happiness.

I have pretty much lived alone since I was 19, so this is a huge step out of my comfort zone, but I am ready & willing to embrace it! :yesyes:

Col
20-02-13, 21:27
Hi serenitie, ahh it's ashame you feel like this about Sheffield. I have lived in sheff all my life & even I've noticed a massive change. We used to be sooo warm & welcoming & renowned for it. X

Serenitie
20-02-13, 21:44
Hi serenitie, ahh it's ashame you feel like this about Sheffield. I have lived in sheff all my life & even I've noticed a massive change. We used to be sooo warm & welcoming & renowned for it. X

I loved Sheffield when I first moved here, Col. But I no longer feel a sense of belonging and a real lack of warmth and sense of community overwhelms me. There are always exceptions - like you :hugs: But not enough to keep me here. I too have noticed the changes and can't thrive in this environment. I think it is time to move on x

oh no_1
21-02-13, 07:27
wow thats great news cat that you are ready to embrace the new you and make that next step. Do whatever feels right for you and to help you.
really proud of you for all the things you are doing :) and sharing on here makes u an inspiration to many.

little wren
21-02-13, 07:37
Serentie - It is good that you recognize that your environment is no longer helping (but may be hindering your recovery). A change of scene could be just what is needed to help with a fresh start away from old negative habits and with support from your family and friends. Sometimes you just know when something feels right - Good luck x

Col
21-02-13, 19:18
I loved Sheffield when I first moved here, Col. But I no longer feel a sense of belonging and a real lack of warmth and sense of community overwhelms me. There are always exceptions - like you :hugs: But not enough to keep me here. I too have noticed the changes and can't thrive in this environment. I think it is time to move on x

Ahh I'm pleased for you and I hope you go from strength to strength. I think going back to your roots and nearer family & things & places your really familiar with , will do u the world of good. Sad a nice soul is moving out of the city , we need more people like U to stay really!

Good luck :flowers:

Serenitie
23-02-13, 04:39
Ahh I'm pleased for you and I hope you go from strength to strength. I think going back to your roots and nearer family & things & places your really familiar with , will do u the world of good. Sad a nice soul is moving out of the city , we need more people like U to stay really!

Good luck :flowers:

Oh Lady! :winks:

My roots are calling me but Sheffield could do with more pizazz from gals like us for sure!:D

Maybe we could get in touch and meet up before I leave & keep in touch when I go? Message me on this thread or private message me. I would love to get to know you better. You sound like a lovely person! We could be great friends! :yesyes:

Cat :hugs:

---------- Post added at 04:39 ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 ----------

Serentie - It is good that you recognize that your environment is no longer helping (but may be hindering your recovery). A change of scene could be just what is needed to help with a fresh start away from old negative habits and with support from your family and friends. Sometimes you just know when something feels right - Good luck x

Thank you! :bighug1:

Serenitie
17-03-13, 05:39
I'm in Liverpool the first week in April. If anyone knows of any reasonable flats near to the city centre I'd love to hear from you and go and check a few out during my next visit :yesyes: Thank you! :flowers:

Kelseywelseyyy
18-03-13, 23:05
I shall keep an ear out for you.