PDA

View Full Version : Another worrier (read: warrior).

nocchi
20-02-13, 23:02
Hi everyone, just felt like I should do one of these.

I'm a 21 year old who's suffered from pretty bad social anxiety most of my life, and when I mean pretty bad I mean the kind where it's to the point of doing anything to not be seen by other people which means being homebound most of the time and on rare occasions I manage to go out I try to get everything done as quickly as I can and try to avoid people seeing me, even walking forward with my head turned so a group of people don't see my face. It pretty much ruins any shopping outing me and my partner go on (who is pretty much my only close human contact).

And in the last bunch of weeks my society anxiety seems to have very quickly made the jump to extreme health anxiety for example I was getting a pain behind my right eye and thought it was a brain tumor, turned out to be a sinus infection. I've gone through all sorts of worries from DVT, appendicitis, intestinal perforations, tumors to things like thinking I have eye maggots that will get to my brain.

nomorepanic
20-02-13, 23:13
Hi nocchi

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Daisy Sue
20-02-13, 23:19
Hi Nocci, welcome to the forum :)

Sorry to hear how much your anxiety is affecting your life... are you on any meds or getting any kind of therapy for it?

Baggs
21-02-13, 00:37
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

Mark13
22-02-13, 18:29
Hello and welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll find lots of help and support here.

Annie0904
22-02-13, 18:42
Hi :welcome: