PDA

View Full Version : Constantly feeling heart beats

annie.hall
21-02-13, 03:17
Hi,

I can't stop taking my mind off of my heart lately. If I'm sitting or trying to get to sleep, I feel and even hear every heart beat. It's driving me crazy... I'm sure some of you have the same issue and I'd like to know how you cope with it.

Thanks!

luvlifensmile
21-02-13, 03:24
i had to stop sleeping on my left side because i could feel every heart beat and when i would think about feeling it, it would make it beat faster

Eek
21-02-13, 04:19
I'm the same if I sleep on my left side. I have to roll over to my right to get to sleep. I also think if you concentrate on something you can make it worse. If I concentrate on my heartbeat I'm much more aware of it. I think the best way to cope is to try and distract yourself by doing something you enjoy, listen to music, read, go out for a walk anything to take your mind off it.

smine
21-02-13, 04:36
have you checked your blood pressure? sometimes if it's a little higher than normal it will make you more aware of the beats

Bozzi
21-02-13, 04:48
I have the exact same thing like every night! I lye usually on my left as its my comfortable position to sleep and I just lay there and feel every single beat... After a while of laying there it disrupts me from going to sleep as a hear it so emphasized that I have to lay on my back for a little while to get calm then I turn over onto my right and I feel reasonably better. I always seem to get the urge to place my palm just where my heart is to 'check' if its beating probably... I guess its a mix of OCD and Anxiety together always pre-occupied with my heart and pulse.. You are definately not alone and hopefully this what we feel may just be our thought processes at the end of the day. You will be ok, if its common I can, and you can have some assurance that its a normal heart beat that we are over thinking about in bed :) x

sarahando16
22-02-13, 09:25
I have the same thing but I feel them throughout the day. I can feel them in my neck, chest, stomach and the other day I could feel them in my legs. Is that normal?? I suffer from health anxiety and have suffered from palpitations and missed heartbeats in the past with them coming and going when they please!! I had a bout of missed heartbeats for about a week and they seemed to have gone away with just the odd one or two but I have now noticed that I can constantly feel my heartbeats throughout my body, strange! Does anyone else have the same thing? x

Daisy Sue
22-02-13, 09:30
Yep I get this too, especially at times when I'm worrying about my health in some way.. I can feel lots of pulse beats, including inside my ears, in my throat, and as has been mentioned before, the more I listen to/feel it, the faster it pounds..

It's all part of anxiety, Annie, and I think the only way you can get past this is to reassure yourself over & over that your heart is fine, it's just doing it's normal job..