PDA

View Full Version : Could not face work today!? Now scared of getting the sack.

Em.ma
21-02-13, 09:54
I couldn't face going into work today :(
I'm to scared of a blood clot. Where I work I'm now working with a different person and she doesn't allow me to swap with her at all and I have to sit in the seat and pick 12 sachets up and put them in a box all day. I can deal with the boredom but I can't help but think ill get a blood clot from sitting down for 8 hours a day... I am aloud to do the other job but she won't allow me (I feel like a grass telling my manager) and don't like that feeling.
I phoned in sick today... And I told the person who drives the transport to work last night that if I wasn't their don't wait for me and I'm scared someone on the bus will tell the manager I'm pulling a fast one!
I walk to work 1.5 miles and back again... And move around in the mornings and in the evenings but it can't be healthy?
This is my first day off since last may.

rb1978
21-02-13, 11:48
I wouldn't worry about getting a blood clot from sitting for 8 hours a day in the same position. In my job, I sit at the same desk in the same position from 8.30-5pm and don't go out at lunch time. You're more active than me too because you walk to work - I catch a train and sit on that for half an hour or so every morning and evening.

Then when I get home, I have a sit down lol :)

Em.ma
21-02-13, 11:59
Thanks
Just so scared ill get the sack.
Paranoid they didn't get the answer phone message either :(.
I'm on the look for another job at the moment

rb1978
21-02-13, 12:08
Obviously different workplaces are different but I really would be amazed if anything came out of you not being there today. 1 day off since last May is a pretty good sickness record. :)

nocchi
21-02-13, 12:59
My days consist of sleeping 12+ hours a day and the rest sat at the computer right next to my bed apart from when I have university which is like a 30 minute walk followed by sitting in a lecture hall for 2-3 hours. I'm also on meds (the pill) which increase your chance of blood clots.

Around 3-4 weeks ago I had been getting a pain and tenderness in my right thigh that persisted for days on end despite not having injured the area in anyway. I went to my GP 3 times before they sent me for a D-dimer test which needed to be done in hospital for some reason, came back all clear and the leg pain disappeared a few days afterward.

That's my experience with blood clot paranoia, now I've vowed that unless my leg looks discoloured and/or swollen I shan't get worried about DVT again.

Em.ma
21-02-13, 14:15
Thanks everyone.
I guess I just have to grin and bear the boredom of the job. It won't be forever anyway.
When you phone in you leave an answer phone message as no one is their am I'm paranoid they didn't get it. Which is a sackable offence

Janine
21-02-13, 14:32
Emma, you are right just grin and bear it, you will not get a blood clot lots of people do not move around as much as you do and they are fine. At least you will earining money and you can still be looking for another job whilst doing that, just use it for now.

xx

Em.ma
21-02-13, 15:11
Thank you.
I just think of all the all good things I can do with the money.
I will go in tomorrow but so scared they didn't get my answer phone message or it sounded bad and they don't believe me :(

---------- Post added at 15:11 ---------- Previous post was at 14:40 ----------

Also if I look fine tomorrow they'll think I was lying :(

semper solus
21-02-13, 15:31
If you sit all day and are worried about it you should get yourself some flight socks and put them on.

Em.ma
21-02-13, 19:28
Thank you. I think I will do.
So scared tomorrow they'll sack me :( my message sounded rubbish to them I hope they got it .
Also because I told driver I wouldn't be in today maybe someone on the bus grassed

---------- Post added at 17:06 ---------- Previous post was at 16:38 ----------

How will I tell my parents otherwise

---------- Post added at 17:25 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

Would of been less anxious going to work :(

---------- Post added at 17:48 ---------- Previous post was at 17:25 ----------

Also told the driver on Wednesday not to wait for me and sometimes if someone's not on the van he will go tell the boss so and so not in today what if he mentions that I told him thr night before then the boss would know I was lying!

---------- Post added at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:48 ----------

If he asks are you feeling better do I just say 'yes thank you' and leave it at that?

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:07 ----------

It's amazing what things your mind wanders to when you sit in that chair for eight hours a day! Thank goodness the radio is on haha.
I don't believe my answer phone message sounded real though it was awful :roflmao::roflmao:

Em.ma
22-02-13, 06:43
Never been this nervous about work till this morning