PDA

View Full Version : How bad?

jayjoe18
21-02-13, 12:31
How bad is your nausea with Citalopram? Is it like severe nausea where you feel you may vomit like when you have a stomach bug or is it a slight sickly feeling?

How long does it last?

Sparkle1984
21-02-13, 13:58
When I first started, I never felt as if I was going to be physically sick, it was just that I didn't feel like eating for a few days. Even if I felt hungry, I hardly wanted to eat anything as I felt as if I would gag if I ate too much. Thankfully, this lack of appetite began to wear off after about 5 days.

Rachy-Rach
22-02-13, 02:04
It depends on you I'm afraid. People react very differently. I had some slight nausea but nothing I'd call significant and it soon wore off x

Sunshine77
22-02-13, 09:56
Mine was only slight too. I wasn't sick and didn't feel as if I was going to be either.

Rypps
25-02-13, 09:47
I'm on 20mg and I wouldn't say I had nausea, but the loss of appetite did make me feel a little queasy when I tried to eat. That passed completely around day 6.

Punkachoo
25-02-13, 10:17
I'm just over a week into Citalopram. I had the same lack of appetite which gave me tummy cramps and then nausea..Now I'm back to eating, but I still feel sick a lot of the time. I have pains, and do sometimes throw up, but I think I'm forcing that. I have hope it'll even out though. I typically have that cold chilly feeling you get when you're about to hurl.. >_<

karenp
25-02-13, 10:27
I was on Citalopram 3 times during the past ten years but never really had sickness only with anxiety. It really heightened that when I first started on it. I'm taking Escitalopram this time around, the newer version of Citalopram and I have had a weenie bit of nausea but it doesn't last very long at all, I just feel a bit sick the first day or so after an increase. Hope you are soon feeling so much better. Citalopram is such a good AD once you get past the side effects (: