PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like I'm going to die

Low low
21-02-13, 12:57
Hi I'm new to this I need a bit of help I'm 27 and keeping thinking I'm going to die. I go to the doc and they just keep saying it's anxiety. I'm not on any tablets and I dont want to be. For the last few months I keep thinking I have a brain tummor I'm getting slight head acks and my eyes are going fuzzy also getting numbness in my body. I hate felling like this has anyone any tips on how to help..:)

miss diagnosis
21-02-13, 13:41
Hello and welcome to NMP. You will find lots of support here for your anxiety. Strangely my HA started with thinking i had a brain tumour too (it was hay fever). Anxiety does all sorts of strange things to our bodies and the feelings you are describing sound typical.

Rest assured you are not alone with the constant feeling like you are going to die/something is seriously wrong..we have all been there.

Try and believe the Doctors and feel free to PM me anytime :)

xtremx
21-02-13, 13:43
Hello Low low

What you are feeling would fall into classic Anxiety Symptoms.. It sound like your doctor is right..

Maybe your first post of call is to practise some Breathing Exercises
http://www.anxietycoach.com/breathingexercise.html

The best one I find is the belly breathing (a friend calls it defragmented breathing).

It is a good thing that you are not on any meds at the moment.. You have made good steps in helping yourself by coming onto the MNP website.

I hope your stay here is a short one and you get all the advice you need to sort your problems out:)