PDA

View Full Version : New to the site and hoping it will help!

Annielea
21-02-13, 14:33
Hey everyone,

I've suffered from anxiety/panic for a long time and only just came across this site last night while trying to take my mind off yet another panic attack.

I started with panic attacks at the age of 14, I then relapsed 10 years later, and now, another 3-4 years on, I thought they were over and finally had weaned myself off the citalopram in January.....and then they started up again. I now feel like I have taken a huge step backwards and am feeling terrified. My doctor has said i can go back on the citalopram again (although I don't particually want to), but i dont really know what else to do. I have spents hundreds, if not thousands of pounds on all kinds of therapy, but it obviously hasn't helped :(

I'm hoping that this site will help, being able to chat to other people in the same boat as me, who understand what I am going through and maybe i'll be able to help others in return :)

nomorepanic
21-02-13, 14:44
Hi Annielea

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Baggs
21-02-13, 15:06
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

BobbyDog
21-02-13, 19:02
A very big warm :welcome: to you.

Mark13
22-02-13, 18:27
Hello and welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll find lots of help and support here.

Arnie365
23-02-13, 05:17
Welcome to NMP. I hope you find lots of support and help here like I have

ceoshurman
23-02-13, 07:56
Welcome to the site I am a newbee to and found a great deal of comfort from just knowing that there are hundreds of people out there going through the same thing. x

ricardo
23-02-13, 08:50
Welcome from me as well.

Iwould say hundreds of people going through the same thing is an understatement, there are tens of thousands who have anxiety related illnesses at varying degrees.

There are really some very kind people on here who will always try and help ,even though I have discovered from the few people that I know on NMP have unbelievable poor quality of life themselves,but never mention it.