PDA

View Full Version : Is there a virus going round at the moment feeling awful

gordie1
21-02-13, 18:39
Is There A Virus Going Around?

I was wondering if there is a virus going around both my parents are ill in bed with flu like symptoms. But it cant be flu because they have both had jabs. I am now feeling awful aching joints very light headed and dizzy sore eyes feel like im about to faint all the time its not blood sugar that is 7 two hours after lunch. I have a flu jab every year as well. I was wondering if there is some virus going around at the moment.

Daisy Sue
21-02-13, 20:55
Yep this is the worst time of year for virus's... I hate sitting in the doc's waiting room in the winter, & try not to breathe in lol, epecially if someone's coughing near me!

It really does sound like viral symptoms to me... just try and alleviate them with lots of drinks, regular paracetamol & rest.

The flu jab will only protect you against the expected flu strain this year - everything else that's going around you can still catch, unfortunately :(

Magic
21-02-13, 21:29
True what daisy sue says , some many have some sort of virus. We had our flu jab at the end of october, and we have been poorly on and off ever since,
I have never coughed up so much rubbish,everywhere i go poeple are coughing and sneezing.

dlr108
21-02-13, 22:14
i was wondering the very same thing cos ive got the exact same symptoms for the past week sore joints tired dizzy etc

Magic
21-02-13, 22:25
If you feel really ill then perhaps a visit to the GP or ringng the surgary for advice.