PDA

View Full Version : Question about phobias

normalwisdom
07-09-06, 17:23
I hope this isn't a silly question.....Do you develop phobias because of anxiety or anxiety because of phobias??? I know bit chicken and egg just wondered. This is because i don't know if my "phobias" stem from my anxiety. Hope this makes sense[:I]

Steph

Wannabeloved85
07-09-06, 17:44
phobias develop mostly because youve had anxiety in that situation before, or because you dont know what could happen if you were in that situation.

Lindalou64
07-09-06, 19:39
phobias as we know is fear of fear like oh no whens the next one so we avoid the situation and it becomes a phobia the anxiety is the anticapation of the situation.....and no it dont sound silly and dont google lol.............Linda[8D]

maxmagnum
19-09-06, 18:52
i think the strangest thing is , that we are not frightened of the situation or object aty all ,, we are actually scared of how it makes us feel , and there fore scared of physical feelings ,, amazing really , if i ran round a feild 3 times and stopped my heart would beat like a drum and i wouldnt be at all scared , and yet when adrenalin does the same think ime scared ,, funny world isnt it , lol

maxmagnum