PDA

View Full Version : Sensitive Posts?

Daisy Sue
21-02-13, 21:13
I just wondered if it would be a good idea to have a sub-forum somewhere which is not viewable by the public?

I've noticed a couple of quite personal posts recently, and thought maybe people would be more inclined to comment if it were members only.

Annie0904
21-02-13, 21:22
I must admit that I sometimes worry about who might be viewing certain posts.

Magic
21-02-13, 21:38
When I first joined nmp I was under a different name, then i changed it,as I did not know that anyone other than members on nmp could read posts then.
I cannot say things I would like to on nmp only by private message.
So I can only say to a few nmp members what I really want to.
It's such a shame, but I don't think it could be done Daisy-Sue

Daisy Sue
21-02-13, 21:46
I *think* Vbulletin does have a feature where some threads are for logged in members only.. not sure if this version does though.

venusbluejeans
21-02-13, 21:47
NMP is a 'public' forum, there for posts are 'public' as you know

We do advise people to use usernames that are not recognisable to others If they do not want people to know they are a member on NMP, therefore when you do posts they will be 'private' in the sense that people will not actually know who is posting if they do not know your username.

When you first sign up to NMP, you read a few bullet points, one of them reads this......

2) PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR FORUM LOGIN NAME VERY CAREFULLY. THIS IS AN OPEN SITE SO ALL MEMBER'S POSTS CAN BE VIEWED BY ANYONE BROWSING No More Panic. WE STRONGLY ADVISE YOU NOT TO USE YOUR REAL NAME, YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS OR ANY OTHER LOGIN NAME THAT COULD BE EASILY IDENTIFIABLE AS YOU.

pinkdove
21-02-13, 22:29
i can understand concerns, but it was because i could read posts as a guest that i became a member, i think it's important to let guests see the posts, as i found it very helpfull and used this site as a guest before i plucked up the courage to join. and we do have private messaging to use if needed

Daisy Sue
22-02-13, 00:01
Ok, it was just a suggestion, no worries :)

little wren
22-02-13, 09:23
Is the only private place the chat room? When is the best time to actually find people in there (not sure if I'm accessing it correctly)? Be nice to chat without it being so public sometimes. x

ricardo
22-02-13, 09:32
Little wren

There is a Help Room within the Chat Room which is Private where you can invite one or more persons to discuss things with you in private.

There is no best time as it varies from day to day.:)