PDA

View Full Version : Take part in an interview and receive a £25 voucher

Gillian_Researcher
22-02-13, 11:24
Are you between 18 and 30?
Do you have experience of an issue like depression, anxiety, stress or low mood?
If the answer is yes to both, we would really like to hear what you think about online health resources and your experiences of looking online for health information.

Would you like to participate in an interview, lasting around an hour, at a time and place convenient to you, to share your views and experiences?
If you do, please contact me, Gillian Fergie, by Private Message – I am a researcher from the MRC Social and Public Health Sciences Unit and the University of Glasgow. I will give you more information about the project and how you can participate and I can answer any questions you have.

You will receive a £25 shopping voucher for participating

ElizabethJane
25-02-13, 21:20
I would like to help but I am too old!! EJ

AuntieMoosie
25-02-13, 21:23
Joins EJ on the *too old step* :ohmy:

May I just ask why you are only researching sufferers in that age group?? Just wondering that's all :)

ricardo
25-02-13, 21:27
Would you come to Marbella :) but then again I am also too old but if you did NMP can have the voucher.

Annie0904
25-02-13, 21:41
I'm too old by 25 years :(

Elle-Kay
26-02-13, 15:18
Why is everything aimed at 18-30 year olds nowadays? Has it always been that way, and it's only since I turned 31 that I've noticed, or is the universe laughing at me for getting old? lol

steveo
27-02-13, 13:34
I'm 28! I'm in! Only problem is that I'm in Cornwall for a while.... Cornwall to Glasgow is a bit of an issue....

AuntieMoosie
27-02-13, 13:45
Elle-Kay how I so agree with you :) I feel like Victor Meldrew most days, with one foot in the grave :ohmy:

I would really love for Gillian_Researcher to come back and explain why the research is for that age group :) :shrug:

Gillian_Researcher
27-02-13, 15:03
Hi all,

Apologies for the delayed response. I understand your concerns about the age range being a bit limited. Often research studies need to be bounded in some way, and for this one we are especially interested in what some call the young adult 'transition' period (although people's transitions are varied and obviously people experience transitions across the life course). This group has been noted for its lack of engagement with face-to-face services and so online services are sometimes developed in response to this. Our study attempts to explore a bit more about young adults perceptions and experiences of these types of online resources.

I will recommend this forum and members to any of my colleagues researching different age-groups in the future. I hope this answers some of your concerns. Thanks very much for the interest.

Cheers,
Gillian

ricardo
27-02-13, 16:32
I have just looked at the latest article down loaded today, Gillian

"What young people want from health-related online resources: a focus
group study"

I would love to ask you some questions regarding the percentage of on line users but I feel that going by the rules that you have instigated that is not possible.

Col
27-02-13, 20:46
Why is everything aimed at 18-30 year olds nowadays? Has it always been that way, and it's only since I turned 31 that I've noticed, or is the universe laughing at me for getting old? lol

Elle I'm exactly the same, Im a 1981 child and now I'm a "proper grow up " over 30 that...... Everything is NOW aimed at the 18-30! Just my luck , I suppose.

Elle-Kay
27-02-13, 20:59
Elle I'm exactly the same, Im a 1981 child and now I'm a "proper grow up " over 30 that...... Everything is NOW aimed at the 18-30! Just my luck , I suppose.

I'm so pleased it's not just me! :yesyes:
(though obviously I commiserate with you too, as a fellow 1981 baby!)

Col
27-02-13, 22:36
:hugs: high five ( I'm still a big kid really ) XXX I feel a bit better now, too.

Annie0904
27-02-13, 22:40
If we still feel 18 does that count?

Lissa101
24-03-13, 13:11
Elle-Kay - me too! I'm 31 and feeling really left out of the 18-31 age bracket. I also realised that I'm too old to go on an 18-30's holiday. I've never wanted to go on one but it stil makes me feel ancient!