PDA

View Full Version : Worried about my heart:((

Bonnibelle
22-02-13, 14:10
Last Monday night I woke with a racing heart. Paramedics put it down to having sinus infection and possibly anxiety, but I woke up like it and it scared me. I had an ECG that was all normal. My GP has said not to worry, it's fine as ECG is ok and my bp is normal.

I went downstairs then back up, just now, I'd been resting this afternoon, when I sat back down my heart thudded so fast and hard:((( fast but really hard punches, like it'll burst through my chest it's so hard:(((( after a few minutes it calmed down and stopped thudding so hard, but I am Worried sick now:((((

I tested t again, ok now I'm anxious as testing myself and the same thing happened again. I'd usual put this down to being unfit but me being me I can't after ask week,

Once sat down it soon stops thudding so hard and goes back to normal beat, my resting heart is about 80bpm. It's not that it goes that much faster, although it does a bit, it's more how hard it punches:((((

Does anyone else get this? I know I'm very anxious since last Monday:(

Bonnibelle
27-02-13, 13:00
Noone?

Khadijah
27-02-13, 17:22
Hi Pearl35

This to me sounds like palpitations which can be a very common symptom of anxiety/panic attack. Do you have any added stress at the moment?

I know I constantly have a nervous/butterfly feeling in my chest, drives me mental.
2 days back my heart started thumping like yours, my left arm went tingly and I was hot and dizzy. I freaked out like crazy and called an ambulance. Felt like an idiot! All was fine and have since been diagnosed with anxiety.

Maybe this is your case too hunni?

I hope you feel better soon <3 x

Izzie2494
27-02-13, 18:34
Hi I get a racing heart and pounding quite a lot, it is one of my symptoms that terrify me the most, when I get this I normally take a beat blocker and it slows down, I would say it is almost definitely anxiety as I too have had two ECG's and they were normal x

Jenwales
27-02-13, 18:41
This is a common anxiety symptom. If you're doctor says you're fine then you are. Just work on sorting out your anxiety using CBT and the symptom will go
all the best

Bonnibelle
28-02-13, 12:53
Thanks for replying. I have had alot of stress recently, I was attacked last september by my brother, all my family took his side, I then had a breakdown I am sure, never experienced anxiety like it and I was aographobic (I still am battling this). I have been very anxious since stopping my meds, worrying I won't ever be calm again, never be able to go to shops without panicking again.....

I am seeing my GP today about my blood results so shall mention my heart but I know he will say my ECG was fine the night I took ill so not to worry.

Hi Pearl35

This to me sounds like palpitations which can be a very common symptom of anxiety/panic attack. Do you have any added stress at the moment?

I know I constantly have a nervous/butterfly feeling in my chest, drives me mental.
2 days back my heart started thumping like yours, my left arm went tingly and I was hot and dizzy. I freaked out like crazy and called an ambulance. Felt like an idiot! All was fine and have since been diagnosed with anxiety.

Maybe this is your case too hunni?

I hope you feel better soon <3 x

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 ----------

Thank you all for replying to reassure me. x

xvolatileheart
28-02-13, 13:30
I get this too, it's what set off my health anxiety! I always worry about my heart. Like the others have said though, if the tests are normal, then you can trust it's just anxiety.

Bonnibelle
28-02-13, 21:16
Gp said its anxiety and I'm unfit so to ignore it and get walking again! Agoraphobia has made me very unfit!