PDA

View Full Version : constant fear of death

maisiesmumx
22-02-13, 17:39
hi all i am going mad with these constant fears of dying ...everyday i think will be my last i cant cope:weep:

kerri
22-02-13, 17:49
Hi, I cant offer any words of wisdom but just to say I feel the same, the thought consumes all my time and I find it hard to think of anything else x

Em.ma
22-02-13, 17:55
Hi I have no advice but I feel the same way aswell.
I always say that's why I have ha and anxiety because of my fear of death :(.
It's horrible

Poopsi
22-02-13, 18:09
I use to have HA a lot worse then I do now. I am suffering a with it right now though. One thing that I've found that helps me is positive thinking. I noticed that when I would think and talk negatively in my head I would start to panic and worry more. So I decided that when I felt a worry come on to talk positively and it has helped tremendously, while I do still worry from time to time I haven't had a panic attack in a while, maybe a little one, but I talk myself out of it with positivity. Also, I haven't googled in 3 weeks ad that has helped a lot too!! Hope this helps!!

xtremx
22-02-13, 18:24
I wish I could over some words of wisdom.
But the only thing I can say is that for everyday that you have thought was you last never was and you must take comfort from that fact.

We at all stages of life fear death for some reason or other but with anxiety we are able to ponder on things like this.

But the fact is yes we all die but we are not going to let it stand in our way, Today in here now tomorrow has yet to come and when it does we will fear the next day, Sometimes we trap ourselves in a circle that has to be broken and you, I and all of us can break that circle:)

Col
22-02-13, 21:25
This is horrible horrible, I always think I'm dying or seriously unwell to the point I think my body believes my mind!

I hope these feeling pass for both u and I :flowers:

cbornet
22-02-13, 21:42
Same here. I'm always waking up and thinking I'm seriously ill and I'm not going to be around much longer. One thing that helps me sometimes is thinking of things I have been through before where I thought I would never make it through, and well I did and I'm still here. I think every new symptom or new thought or new scenario is a scary one, but the mind is so powerful and can make us think and feel virtually anything in the world. Unfortunately, for people like me, it takes me to the darkest depths where I don't want to be. Just remember, this too shall pass and you will be fine. :)

Confused&scared
22-02-13, 23:23
I know the feeling :-( xx

maisiesmumx
22-02-13, 23:41
thanks everyone for the replies......(((((HUGS))))) to you all x

Eek
23-02-13, 01:41
I am absolutely terrified of dying, the thought of it consumes my life and fuels my health anxiety. If I could get over this fear I would not have HA and I would be happy. My fear of dying takes away any chance I have of living, I don't live life to the full and I waste every day thinking about death. It's a horrible way to live and I just don't know how to escape from it.
So I sympathise with you completely.

Boink
23-02-13, 22:23
I don't fear death. I fear knowing that it might happen however. I.E I don't worry about suddenly dying but I do worry about getting and illness where I know that it's coming and having to deal with that. :(

xvolatileheart
26-02-13, 00:32
This is my daily struggle, 24/7, thinking I'm going to drop dead. It's the worst, most intrusive thought and I cannot get rid of it! Sometimes I laugh at myself because I've been thinking I'm dying for over a year now. Just helps knowing I'm not alone!

lmd
26-02-13, 04:38
You all might want to check out the book: "Staring at the Sun: Overcoming the Terror of Death" by Irvib D. Yalom - he's a renowned existential psychotherapist who specializes in these types of debilitating anxieties.

quinnell
26-02-13, 07:42
well eak you ave summed up exactly the way i spend my days fro the moment i wake up till i go to bed i just think is this the day i die its crazy i dont live my life i have a great partner two great dogs every thing to live life to the full but im consumed with ha and the symptoms that come with it at the mo ive got a bad cold along with back ache i feel my body is knackered and will just pack up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ella13
26-02-13, 20:28
I think about dying every day to the point where its driving my boyfriend/family crazy they just tell me to stop being stupid but its really hard when you hear in the news all the time about young people dying from undiagnosed heart conditions and dying from menigitis within 4 hours to finding out they have cancer and die in weeks its just horrible ive had a few cancer deaths in my family and i think thats whats triggered me off but my main worry is just dropping down dead or even going to sleep at night incase i dont wake up i have so many chest pains/palpatations/pins and needles my doctor refuses to send me for further tests as he says its all anxiety but i just dont trust doctors at all. These constant worrying/negative thoughts are driving me crazy!