PDA

View Full Version : Head Worries :/

AlkiAdam
22-02-13, 18:34
Hello All,

I have been extremely bad with my mental health lately, and this has manifested in extreme ways.

Lately I have struggled to remember words and remember things, as in I would be in a conversation with someone and they ask me something and I would struggle to remember the words im looking for.

I was going through a very good spell of my menal health however this relapse has really caught me off guard. Im having trouble sleeping too, as i will remember my dreams all the time, and the dreams are very obscure but realistic too. I will wake most nights and feel very heavy.
My head has also been feeling very strange, feeling heavy, like im carrying bricks on my head, which has made me convinced that I have a brain tumour growing inside me.

I am nervous about going to my doctor as he will likely brush me off as he doesnt believe in mental health conditions and is very old fashioned.

Can anyone provide some light in my dark days :(

Peace to all x

Adam

Annie0904
22-02-13, 18:39
Hi Adam, all the symptoms you describe are common with anxiety. Is there another doctor at the practise that you could go to see? If not I would see the doctor anyway and he should be able to prescribe something for you or you could ask to be referred for therapy.

xtremx
22-02-13, 18:44
Hi

Cognitive problems are very common with anxiety (we have a lot going on in our minds) I can forget something that was told me 30 seconds, I will put somthing down one second the next I can't find it (I will turn my house upside down looking)

So that alone is a common thing.

Waking at night feeling heavy also a common thing for everyone just if you have anxiety it means a lot more because we are look for it to mean more.

Head feeling heavy have had a cold lately or any sinus issuse that could explain that away or again just anxiety..

You should never be nervous seeing you doctor thats what they are paid for (says the man who is nervous)

If you had a brain tumour you would have many more problems but you will only get them if you look for them.

Please see the doctor and have them check you out but when they say nothing wrong just take it as that:)

Peace to you as well m8

AlkiAdam
24-02-13, 21:21
Thank you both for the supportive and reassuring words.
I have my appointment with the doctor tomorrow....I just hope he doesn't brush me off again.

Adam