PDA

View Full Version : need a hand :(

pablo22
22-02-13, 20:15
ive been consumed with thoughts of dying lately, i read articles about aortic dissections and anuresyms .. every chest pain i think is my aorta bulging and about to pop! instant death!

3 times today i thought this happened.. i would time myself... 8 minutes, if im still alive in 8 minute i havn't bleed to death.. ill be ok.. work has become a nightmare cause i cant concentrate on anything other then my imagined impending death. i have a habit of reading articles like on the dailymail.co.uk of like a girl who would goto hospital with chest pains only to be discharged and die at home from massive internal bleeding, a ruptured aorta... :(

the rational side of my brain has well and truly been silenced and i cant see the light at the end of the tunnel, im stressing my parents out constantly with my worries and its really affecting our relationship.. my dad thinks im nuts and my mum cant take my worrying anymore. i spent at least half my wages on visits to my GP, or the emergency room...

i want to have every test possible done, i want a full body MRI, a holter monitor everything... but will i ever be happy? I'm trapped in a box, on a leash, and theres nowhere to go :( help

jessicalittler79
22-02-13, 20:41
I am a long time suffer. Of the health anxiety , and just like u I've been to doctors and er and urgent cares , heart doctor , neuro doc , ent u name it I been there , to answer your queastion NO ! It will néver be enough u will always find something wrong and need test , intill u except this is anxiety it will never get better I am still after 5 years still going to do , and I have never been convinced that this is just anx ;( this has ruined my life .. I do have good days but by very many .all I can say is stop going to doctors and try not to worry over everything u feel sometimes most o the feelings we have are normal feeling and we just freak out about them , so annoying :( I hope the best for u , and if u can possibley cut down on letting the anx take over and running to doc for everything does help , it's the what if that's so scary , feel free to pm me If u need too sorry health anx is so horrible and u can over come this hope u feel better soon

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:40 ----------

I didn't ask how this all started for u and when ,

pablo22
22-02-13, 20:43
thanks for the support :s ill be sure to PM u if i get bad xx

jessicalittler79
22-02-13, 20:50
Ok cool I'll help out as much as I can